WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUSB Device Not Recognized EmptyUSB Device Not Recognized

more_horiz
Windows XP, All usb ports on the tower get the same error message "USB Device Not Recognized", can't get into the workstation because there are no PS2 connectors for a keyboard/mouse. Have tried unplugging the power and hitting the power button (to completely kill the power from the motherboard), have tried waiting until about 5 minutes after it boots and then plugged in the USB keyboard and USB Mouse, neither of these options worked. The USB devices I am using do work. Any suggestions?

descriptionUSB Device Not Recognized EmptyRe: USB Device Not Recognized

more_horiz
I think the only thing u can do is to reset your cmos since you can do anything without your usb working.

............................................................................................

USB Device Not Recognized MysigROG365x140withmark

more_horiz
I turned the machine off, took out the motherboard battery, waited a short time and then put the battery back in. Booted the workstation and still nothing. It's almost as if it is not getting power or it has been disabled. I tested the power supply and it is fine. Any other idea's?

more_horiz
geekazoid1 wrote:
I turned the machine off, took out the motherboard battery, waited a short time and then put the battery back in. Booted the workstation and still nothing. It's almost as if it is not getting power or it has been disabled. I tested the power supply and it is fine. Any other idea's?

The only thing that I thought of is like u said. Did you get another power supply to test? or maybe your motherboard is just getting enough power to start up but not enough power for usb? Its rare but the only time i faced insufficient power from usb is plugging in a portable HDD with single usb for power/data, that was with my older motherboard. It happens to lappy and handheld devices though.

............................................................................................

USB Device Not Recognized MysigROG365x140withmark

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum