WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDisk Boot Failure EmptyDisk Boot Failure

more_horiz
Hi,

I am getting a Disk Boot Failure. Insert System Disk error when I turn on my computer. I have to restart and then it will work. Should I try the recovery disk to resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance for always being so knowledgeable and helpful!

descriptionDisk Boot Failure EmptyRe: Disk Boot Failure

more_horiz

Dear Lachatnoir,

The error signifies problem with the booting media, that is your internal HDD or SSD (Whatever you're using). Sometime it just passes the error and lets you use your computer where as prevents you to access it if damages were caught.

I'd recommend you to go to your BIOS settings and set everything to default and double check that your HDD is selected as a primiary booting device.

After getting to desktop, right click on any or every partition on your computer, choose 'Properties' and perform disk check function. Make sure that you've check mark the box stating 'Check and fix errors automatically'.

Feel free to ask if you want to know anything else.

Thank you!!

more_horiz
Thank you for your help. I set the BIOS to default. I have restarted the computer three times and no problems. Hopefully it is resolved.

more_horiz
The error is back. Is there something else I can do to solve this issue or did I maybe not set to defaults correctly?

more_horiz
Assuming that you're using Windows 7 computer or higher, you can navigate to startup repair to repair if anything not working as it should be. Whilst you still give default BIOS a chance and make sure that the hard drive is set to primary booting device.
Please ensure that there are no other external media is connected while performing this action.

To enter into 'Startup Repair', start tapping F8 just after starting your system which takes you to the advanced startup screen. Choose 'Advanced Startup' and then 'Startup Repair' from the 'System Recovery Options'. Google for detailed steps if you find this step typical.

Try to run startup repair at least 3 to 4 times to ensure that you've not any running issues with the installed copy of Windows.

If you can always post back again if the error resurfaces.

Thanks!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum