WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDisk boot failure after fitting new PSU EmptyDisk boot failure after fitting new PSU

more_horiz
Hi all, I had to fit a new identical PSU after the previous one failed. Now i keep getting a 'disc boot failure' notice every time i start up. I have got around this but i would prefer to know why this is happening....

It could be a coincidence but last Monday evening i heard a noise like a football (or even a bird) hitting my window. The next morning my computer wouldn't start!!! At the time my computer was off.

I am running a desktop pc, Foxconn motherboard, XP3 SP3. Before the PSU went bad i had updated Windoze and updated my drivers through Driver Scanner.....and the system worked fine.

To get around the current problem i checked the Bios and it shows to boot from my C drive but startup seems to ignore that. So i have to press Esc and in the Boot menu tell it which drive to boot from...the system then loads and works from there. I did remove my c drive at one stage and test it in another pc and it booted no problem so i am a bit perplexed as to why this is happening now.....

Any suggestions please?

Cheers

descriptionDisk boot failure after fitting new PSU EmptyRe: Disk boot failure after fitting new PSU

more_horiz
Check in the BIOS for boot priority (or similar) and make sure that the correct drive is selected first.

descriptionDisk boot failure after fitting new PSU EmptySOLVED:

more_horiz
Ah, once again you came to the rescue T0k3n Thank You!

I had already looked in the Bios but obviously i didn't look properly!!

I found the CDDVDW had been changed to boot up and soon had it resolved...

I feel a bit of an idiot, should have been more thorough in the first place Annoyed or Unimpress

Cheers, Martin

descriptionDisk boot failure after fitting new PSU EmptyRe: Disk boot failure after fitting new PSU

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum