WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionhelp with new hard disk, installing backups Emptyhelp with new hard disk, installing backups

more_horiz
Hello,
Recently, I had a hard disk problem, which Dell replaced. I've installed Avast Free AV, Malwarebytes Free, Zemana Antilogger and HOSTS Anti-Adware. All these have run scans on the new HD and the back-up drive, and are set up to run maintenance scans. I have also run HijackThis scans.
I need to install backups. My main concern is inadvertently putting something on the new drive that will cause problems/viruses/malware, etc. I'm just not all that confident I have removed all the contaminated files that were backed up. Some scans reported 'some areas were not able to access'.
Will someone please provide me with some assistance with my situation?
Thanks
Jennifer

descriptionhelp with new hard disk, installing backups EmptyRe: help with new hard disk, installing backups

more_horiz
Scan them first before putting them back on your harddrive.

descriptionhelp with new hard disk, installing backups EmptyRe: help with new hard disk, installing backups

more_horiz
Superdave wrote:
Scan them first before putting them back on your harddrive.

Adding to this very good advice, remember your present security software, if such run real time protection shields, is scanning during your restoring of those backups, unless you're usb or dvd booting and then restoring.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum