WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionProblem installing a new hard drive and installing xp EmptyProblem installing a new hard drive and installing xp

more_horiz
I have a compaq presario v5000 that would not get past windows trying to boot when you turn it on. All you will see is windows xp and the progress bar. it would then stop and go to another screen and say that it apologizes but windows could not start properly and it gives you the option to start in safe mode or start at a previously known good starting point ,but no matter which choice you choose the first part would repeat itself. never starting windows. I was told the hard drive crashed so I bought a new hard drive and installed it. I installed the recovery discs, and chose the hard drive format and install recovery choice, which took for ever, and now something different happens. I get a screen that is black and says NTLDR is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart. I do that but it goes right back to this screen. I was told by someone to go to the bios screen setup and change the boot up order, which I was told that the hard drive should be first but I am not sure about the cd rom, network adapter and the floppy disc drive, which it doesn't have anyway. I am stuck. Does anyone have a clue? Please help!!!

descriptionProblem installing a new hard drive and installing xp EmptyRe: Problem installing a new hard drive and installing xp

more_horiz
are you try in safe mode?
if is it working means,
restrat the computer press f8 and select safe mode with command prompt.
type following command,
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
if it is unable to solve this, send reply.

descriptionProblem installing a new hard drive and installing xp EmptyRe: Problem installing a new hard drive and installing xp

more_horiz
You may have a bad memory module. if there are 2 modules try running the install with only one in and if it still fails try the other module.

Also did you run the HDD tatoo program? if you made it throught the install you probally dont need to run the HDD tatoo.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum