WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow do I restore my laptop with my recovery disks?  EmptyHow do I restore my laptop with my recovery disks?

more_horiz
I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5303 with windows 7 64-bit. I don't know how to use the disks, or where to go to start the recovery

descriptionHow do I restore my laptop with my recovery disks?  EmptyRe: How do I restore my laptop with my recovery disks?

more_horiz
Many Toshiba computers/tablets come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk.  From this special hidden system recovery image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

1. Make sure the device is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
  2. Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
  3. Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
  4. Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer/tablet.  Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
  5. If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
  6. A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
  7. Click Yes to continue.
  8. When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
  9. Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.

For devices equipped with Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 "Reset" returns your device to its out-of-box, factory default conditions (removes your personal files and apps as well reset all settings to defaults) similar to a “System Recovery.”

............................................................................................

FreeBooter
How do I restore my laptop with my recovery disks?  1363

Co-Administrator

descriptionHow do I restore my laptop with my recovery disks?  EmptyRe: How do I restore my laptop with my recovery disks?

more_horiz
*moved to PC Technical Support.~

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum