WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCannot find connection tab to wi-fi after XP recovery restore EmptyCannot find connection tab to wi-fi after XP recovery restore

more_horiz
I decided to restore a Fijitsu Amilo Pro V2030D using supplied recovery CD. This computer was set up for a company network and was set up to work on a VPN and I want to use the laptop for a spare family machine. I do not have any other CD,s ie "Drivers & Utilities". At no point was the wireless connection icon visible in the normal place.

I connected the computer by a network cable to the wireless router to obtain a internet connection.I have used Windows update to add all available updates.

There is a wireless light and switch on the laptop and the light comes on and off as you switch it on and off.

The wireless router works (using another laptop.)
I can network through the cable and router to a desktop and hence use a shared printer.

Can you assist in this matter

Regards

KDlancs

descriptionCannot find connection tab to wi-fi after XP recovery restore EmptyRe: Cannot find connection tab to wi-fi after XP recovery restore

more_horiz
I ran a check on hardware connected on this laptop but 4 items have no drivers

-network controller
-Video Controller
-PCI simple communications controller
-Multimediea Audio Controller

Will this be the problem?

Regards

KDLancs

descriptionCannot find connection tab to wi-fi after XP recovery restore EmptyRe: Cannot find connection tab to wi-fi after XP recovery restore

more_horiz
Hello,

What is the brand of your laptop? You should be able to get the drivers on your computer's manufacturer's site.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Cannot find connection tab to wi-fi after XP recovery restore Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
It is a Fujitsu Siemens and I have found download and it it is now working correctly.

Thanks

more_horiz
Thanks for letting me know. Smile...

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Cannot find connection tab to wi-fi after XP recovery restore Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum