WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBest way to set up a LAN for home gaming with multiple PC's. EmptyBest way to set up a LAN for home gaming with multiple PC's.

more_horiz
Hi all,

I'm wondering what the best course of action for doing this. Basically I want to set up a Network so that my two friends and I can play each other in gaming over a LAN in the our Apartment.

I have a spare router and was thinking of using it as a bridge and doing it that way or I have a spare PC with Linux on it and was thinking of setting it up as a server but not sure if that is highly unnecesssary or not.

Some devices will be laptops.

Thanks in advance.

descriptionBest way to set up a LAN for home gaming with multiple PC's. EmptyRe: Best way to set up a LAN for home gaming with multiple PC's.

more_horiz
I'm not familiar with gaming, but I don't know why your would need to use a server. Seems to me it would only get in the way and slow things down.

Use the router.

descriptionBest way to set up a LAN for home gaming with multiple PC's. EmptyRe: Best way to set up a LAN for home gaming with multiple PC's.

more_horiz
Jan2011 wrote:
I'm not familiar with gaming, but I don't know why your would need to use a server. Seems to me it would only get in the way and slow things down.

Use the router.

Some games like Counter Strike and Minecraft allow you to host your own servers. Yeah I figured the router would be easier but I just wanted to see if there was any advantages to using the server and not hinder performance or have things too complicated.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum