WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows Update and Windows Defender don't work. Error code 0x80072eff EmptyWindows Update and Windows Defender don't work. Error code 0x80072eff

more_horiz
I had some problems wit Trojan.Gadja.Injected that ruined the file
Userinit.exe. AFter some google work I found a solution:
I ran sfc /Scannow and then MalwareBytes and everything dissapeared.

But I still can't access the Windows Update site, neither through the Icon
in Windows or through the Microsoft Webpage. Everything that has Windows
update in the address-feild of IE8 ends up on a page where it sais it can't
be shown. If I go through the Microsoft webpage I get the error code 0x80072eff.
I notice that ther is a warning down to the left in IE8. Error on page. Some
Java script error. (Line 264 Iframe...... I have saved the error-code in a text-file)
The Windows Defender gives me the same error code when I try to update the
files. 0x80072eff.

I have tried to "mess" around with the Internet Security etc. in the Internet
Options menu, I have tried to re-install SP3, I have tried to re-register the
dll files connectied to the update function. I have tried to uninstall and re-install java (update 20).
I have tried everything I can find when I google "Windows Update error". I have tried "Fixit".

I do not know what to do execept for re-install the darn thing again! (I will by F-secure 2010 then)
Everything else works, webpages, games, downloads etc. Only Windows Update and Defender...

descriptionWindows Update and Windows Defender don't work. Error code 0x80072eff EmptyRe: Windows Update and Windows Defender don't work. Error code 0x80072eff

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Windows Update and Windows Defender don't work. Error code 0x80072eff DXwU4
Windows Update and Windows Defender don't work. Error code 0x80072eff VvYDg

descriptionWindows Update and Windows Defender don't work. Error code 0x80072eff EmptyRe: Windows Update and Windows Defender don't work. Error code 0x80072eff

more_horiz
I did a complete re-installation yesterday, my DVD-drives started to behave suspiciously aswell.

Thank You anyway for the effort.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum