WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPartition manager? EmptyPartition manager?

more_horiz
My Windows XP English Pro just crashed, and so now I'm resorting to using Ubuntu. Dragonmaster_Jay said that its possible to delete and install Windows XP again using a partition manager. Only trouble is, how am I supposed to use one? Can you recommend a good one for me? And also give me a step by step guide?

Thanks a million! The Error code is:

STOP: 0X00000007B (0XF78D2524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

descriptionPartition manager? EmptyRe: Partition manager?

more_horiz
Check this out.

more_horiz
Alright! Thanks alot for the help! Also, can you give me tips on how to delete Windows and download it again?

more_horiz
Download windows is AFAIK only possible with torrents. But in that case you might receive activated/cracked versions, which is not what you want if you have a genuine license.

So try and find an install CD/DVD

To delete Windows you can simply delete the windows partition and recreate it. Make sure all valuable files on this partition have been backed up previously.

more_horiz
Its best to download partition software (partition magic - symantec) and create a bootable CD... When you boot from disk you can then select which HDD you want to partition and because the drive is not in use the partition should be successfull.

more_horiz
My favorite partition manager is GParted Live CD : http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php . It's completely free and very simple to use.

more_horiz
Ummm... I have the cd, but as soon as I get to the setup screen, I get the Blue Screen of Death. How do I know which files to back up, (as in which ones are associated with Windows) and how do I delete and recreate it?

more_horiz
Bump

more_horiz
bump

more_horiz
Bumperdibumperdibump.

more_horiz
Super mega ultra bump of righteousness.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum