WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow to add memory to a partition EmptyHow to add memory to a partition

more_horiz
Hi, I tried to dual boot Ubuntu with my Windows Vista and it installed correctly and the boot loader works, but I it would not let me install Ubuntu on my own partition, it made its own partition but only left like 50mb to download stuff, which is definitely not enough for me.

So, is there anyway to add some more memory from my C Drive onto the partition that Ubuntu made?

when i try and do it with the Vista Partitioner it just won't let me and its grayed out.

Also, I can't just take Ubuntu off, then expand the volume and re install it, because if I take off Ubuntu it still uses the Ubuntu boot loader and sense Ubuntu is not installed it will screw me system up.

Can someone please tell me a way to get around this? either how to take off Ubuntu and the GRUB boot loader so that Windows loads normally, or tell me how to expand the volume of the Ubuntu partition so that there is more room on it.

I know that i repeated myself alot in here, but I just wanted to make it self explanatory so that people don't just post reply's asking what I mean.

Thank you in advance,

- Windows.7.Tester

descriptionHow to add memory to a partition EmptyRe: How to add memory to a partition

more_horiz
Hello,

Boot into Vista. Start >> type in disk management >> right click the selected disk >> shrink volume.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

How to add memory to a partition Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum