WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow to get this code to work in perl EmptyHow to get this code to work in perl

more_horiz
Is it possible to have this code to work in perl?

Code:

~[Filtered]~
var _tbdef = {user: 'Forumotion'};
(function(){
var d = document;var tbjs = d.createElement('script'); tbjs.type = 'text/javascript';
tbjs.async = true; tbjs.src = 'http://tweetboard.com/tb.js'; var tbel = d.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
if(!tbel) tbel = d.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]; tbel.appendChild(tbjs);
})();
</script>

There is a script tag ~[Filtered]~ but it doesn't want to put it in.

Thanks,

MrMario

descriptionHow to get this code to work in perl EmptyRe: How to get this code to work in perl

more_horiz
Anyone?

descriptionHow to get this code to work in perl EmptyRe: How to get this code to work in perl

more_horiz
No Perl People Here?

more_horiz
This is javascipt right? You want this translated to perlscript? Whats with the "filtered" tag? What do you mean "it wont put it in"?

more_horiz
You already got an answer to this question at yahoo. What's wrong with that? Looking at the source for a page at www.forumotion.com it looks like you just want to print it out as in a content management system spitting out some javascript. That would explain the weird "filtered" tag. Why don't you elaborate a little on what you're trying to accomplish? Do you mean perl or perlscript? And why perl / perlscript?

more_horiz
Someone filtered the starting javascript tag so it shows like this.

I just want to get this script to run in perl and be able to show up on a website.

more_horiz
You're still being extremely vague. I'm still having difficulties understanding what you want. What do you mean by "run in perl"? Are you sure you're not confusing perl (as in .pl) and perl script (as in DHTML)? Perl is the code you feed to an interpreter or use for CGI on the server side, whereas perl *script* is used like javascript for DHTML on the client side.

Do you want to translate the javascript to perlscript and run it within an HTML page or do you want a CGI script written in perl that prints out the javascript?

I'm guessing that code is part of a larger page. What does the rest of the page look like? How is it served to the user? And what do you mean by "someone filtered the starting javascript tag"?

more_horiz
I am creating a search program for a programming class and I want to be able to set up a feedback system and I am using this code. But when I try to add this code to the perl with the rest of the codding with HTML it will not show up on the website. It will always give me a error message saying 404.

The filterd tag was created by Doc. He censored this part of the javascript code that you need when you use javascript

Code:

script type="text/javascript"
and of coure this has the < and > in front of them.

more_horiz
OK. Now we're getting somewhere. You already have some perl code and some HTML code? Post what you've got and point out your problem. Maybe if you showed us the perl code someone would have a clue what you're trying to accomplish. "try to add this code to the perl with the rest of the codding with HTML" doesn't really tell us much.

I'm pretty sure, given your appearent level of expertise (no offence), that you might find some help here if only you present your problem in a comprehensible fashion.

[EDIT] And why the heck do you assume I know who "Doc" is? Do you mean your teacher? [/EDIT]
Regards.

more_horiz
I'll have to provide you the code tomorrow since I don't have access on this computer to get the code.

Doc = Doctor Inferno owner of this site.

more_horiz
I figured the problem out today.

Thanks!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum