WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCode 31, Code 10 and Code 80070005 EmptyCode 31, Code 10 and Code 80070005

more_horiz
i keep getting those codes. i cant use my dvd/cd drive and my computer cant recognize my audio device, also my windows updater keeps giving me code 800070005. so i cant update my windows software, i cant use my dvd/cd rom and i cant listen to music, watch videos because my audio doesnt work. plz help me!!

descriptionCode 31, Code 10 and Code 80070005 EmptyRe: Code 31, Code 10 and Code 80070005

more_horiz
Hello,

The error code signifies that you do not have enough permissions to install the updates. Follow these instructions by Tim Quan:

1. Please download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch onto the Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en#AffinityDownloads

2. Please go to the Desktop and double click the downloaded file.

3. Please select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.
Note: If the UAC (User Account Control) window is prompted for permission to continue, please click Continue.

4. Click Start, in the Start Search bar, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.

5. Copy the following code and then paste them into the open Notepad window:

Code:

@echo off

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

@Echo =========================
@Echo Finished.
@Echo =========================
@pause

6. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose Save when you are prompted to save the file. Type "reset.bat" as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the save location.

7. Refer to the Desktop and right click the reset.bat file, and then choose "Run as administrator."

8. You will see a DOS-like window processing.

Note: It may take several minutes. Please be patient. When it is completed, you will be prompted with the message: "Finished, press any key to continue".

Try to install the updates again.

descriptionCode 31, Code 10 and Code 80070005 EmptyRe: Code 31, Code 10 and Code 80070005

more_horiz
after doing all this, will i be able to update all the drivers and my windows update is able to check for new upgrades??

more_horiz
so what should i start updating first???

more_horiz
Hello,

Follow the instructions fist, then see if you will be able to perform the update.

more_horiz
well im able to perform all the windows updates. but i still cant ur my dvd/cd rom or have my computer recognize my audio device

more_horiz
also it seems i keep downloading the same 3 updates over and over when i check for updates.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum