WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWireless Connection Problem EmptyWireless Connection Problem

more_horiz
I have been having problems connecting to the internet through wireless but i have no problems connecting to the internet through a wired connection to my router. The wireless profile that i had set up is not broadcasting any signal and i am trying to configure my router so as to create a new wireless profile which can broadcast wireless signals. However, i am having problems going to the Linksys Router Configuration Site 192.168.1.1. I am using an Acer Notebook Aspire 4520 and my in-built wireless adapter is Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter. I am trying to connect to a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router through wireless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

descriptionWireless Connection Problem EmptyRe: Wireless Connection Problem

more_horiz
You will need to connect to the Linksys Router via a Ethernet Cable to configure it, at least until you get it configured and can get to it wirelessly.

It's always recommended that you do Router changes while connected to it from a Wired Connection.

What is the model of your Linksys Router?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Wireless Connection Problem Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Model WRT54G

more_horiz
I have already connected my notebook to the router through an ethernet cable but i am still unable to configure my router settings

more_horiz
You might try resetting the Linksys WRT54G back to its factory defaults and starting over. Have you tried that?

There are two ways to reset the Broadband Router's factory defaults. Either press the Reset

Button, for approximately ten seconds, or restore the defaults from the Password tab in the Broadband Router's Web-Based Utility.

Important: Resetting the Broadband Router will erase all of your settings (WEP Encryption, Wireless and LAN settings, etc.) and replace them with the factory defaults. Do not reset the Broadband Router if you want to retain these settings.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Wireless Connection Problem Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum