WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionboot problem Emptyboot problem

more_horiz
No way!
windows could not not start because the ff. file is missing or corrupt
\windows\system32\config\system

i tried repairing windows but i'm that good in command prompt, and i dont even know which of those command lines should i use to repair that certain file, could someone help me identify which of those should be used in windows repair.+ Shh a secret Shh a secret Shh a secret

descriptionboot problem EmptyRe: boot problem

more_horiz
Have you tried a repair install using your OS installation disc?

Follow the instructions given in this great thread by Doctor Inferno:

http://www.geekpolice.net/tutorials-guides-f13/how-to-perform-a-windows-xp-repair-install-t540.htm?highlight=repair+install

Also see this:

http://www.geekpolice.net/tutorials-guides-f13/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files-t1181.htm?highlight=repair+install

Other factors also depend here.....I have known of this problem to occur shortly after a format n clean install only to realize the cause was a failing HDD which was uncovered during a 'chkdsk' scan!

Try going to Start, My Computer, and right-click Local Disk C.
Click Properties, Tools, and you'll find buttons for Check Now and Defragment Now......run them!

Regards

more_horiz
i trying the repair right now, i followed Doc's ins. but "Repair" option is not present on the list. it's XP Home Edition by the way. i'll go to the second option. i'll try to defrag this hdd on my other pc. Thanks. Smile... Smile...

more_horiz
OEM Restore disks or hidden restore folders on the hard drive will not work for the Repair Install!

more_horiz
hahahaha!!! gave up on this one, i formatted and cloned the sick HDD, Thanks for your time Sir. + Cheesy Grin (sparkly :oops:

more_horiz
Nice.......nothing like the smell of fdisk in the morning. lol!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum