WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionXP will not boot after allowing MBAM fixes - hung in re-boot loop EmptyXP will not boot after allowing MBAM fixes - hung in re-boot loop

more_horiz
My computer running XP with SP2 has been working well.

Tonight, I got the most recent updates from MBAM (from 3049 to 3128 or something like that) and ran a "Quick Scan" simply as preventive maintenance.

Surprisingly, MBAM found four infections. Three were registry related. One was an infected file. I allowed MBAM to fix the issues. MBAM stated that the items had been removed and quarantined. MBAM also stated that my system needed to be re-started for the changes to take effect. I allowed MBAM to initiate a re-start.

Now, my computer will not boot and is hung in a reboot loop. I get a black screen with white letters. Basically it states that Windows did not start correctly and that a recent hardware or software change might have caused this. Start Windows Normally does not work. Last Known Good Configuration does not work. nȯne of the Safe Mode options will work.

Not sure if this will help, but since I was surprised to find these infections, I wrote down the affected registry issues that MBAM supposedly fȋxed. They are as follows:

Hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\services\atapi
Hkey_local_machine\system\controlset003\services\atapi
Hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\atapi

I do not know what the infected file was.

Since I am unable to reboot that machine, I have no way of providing the MBAM log. I am posting this from my wife's laptop.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

descriptionXP will not boot after allowing MBAM fixes - hung in re-boot loop EmptyRe: XP will not boot after allowing MBAM fixes - hung in re-boot loop

more_horiz
Hello.
See here:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=30365&view=findpost&p=156303

The problem is a false positive, you'll need to contact the MBAM helpdesk.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
XP will not boot after allowing MBAM fixes - hung in re-boot loop DXwU4
XP will not boot after allowing MBAM fixes - hung in re-boot loop VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum