WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNeed to re-format without motherboard disc EmptyNeed to re-format without motherboard disc

more_horiz
Ok so I have a ranmit infection and have been advised to re format my computer. It's completely screwed up and I can't really wait any longer. I have my vista disc, but don't have access to my motherboard disc, which this guide says I need - http://www.helpmyos.com/t1307-how-to-reformat-and-reinstall-your-operating-system-the-easy-way

My mother board is a GIGABYTE P35-DS3L. Is there anyway I can install windows without the motherboard disc, or is that not going to happen?

One other question is that at the moment I have one HD used for my OS and pretty much everything, then a second HD which has films/music stored on it. I was hoping to just unplug my storage HD and then just re format my primary HD. Would that be ok? I mean if I were to switch of my pc now and just unplug the storage HD, then put the vista disc in, can I just begind re formatting the primary HD without breaking something?

Thanks for any help.

descriptionNeed to re-format without motherboard disc EmptyRe: Need to re-format without motherboard disc

more_horiz
Hi Bertington, the drivers for your motherboard can be found at http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx , note that you need to enter the correct details including operating system (32/64 bit) and language.these can be downloaded on another pc and burned as cd/dvd data disk for transferring.regarding the second hdd the infection may have spread to it so i suggest unplugging it (Pc Electrical Safety: shutdown the pc , unplug main power (remove battery if laptop) ,constantly press power button 1 min. to drain residual power , you also need to consider static) like you thought and then asking on the infection removal forum how to check it.feel free to ask for further details and good luck Smile... sorry about the editing, havn't used forums much.

Last edited by Druidicus_Pharoh on 8th May 2011, 2:19 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typed the link wrong , removed usb flash drive as transfer method , tried to explain safety better.)

descriptionNeed to re-format without motherboard disc EmptyRe: Need to re-format without motherboard disc

more_horiz
Hi.

Actually DMJ means the hardware drivers so if you don't have the disc(usually a computer comes with one) then you can download them from the manufactures website.Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum