WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionneed Drivers to connect to the internet Emptyneed Drivers to connect to the internet

more_horiz
a gateway with windows 98 PC ,it was set up with optimum on line cable ,after the restore with the gateway disk an dialog box popped up [that the drivers are missing for the earthinet card] , is there a driver web site that will give me back my drivers

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 7th December 2008, 1:18 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : changed wording)

descriptionneed Drivers to connect to the internet EmptyRe: need Drivers to connect to the internet

more_horiz
Running Windows 98 is not recommended in todays networking enviroment.

Its old hat and extrememly vunerable......finding drivers and the likes may be very difficult!

Nothing worthwhile running these days will fit with 98.....

Sounds like your in need of a compatible ethernet controller but i would need your system specifications to be able to hunt one down!

Is your system capable of running XP SP2 at a minimum and do you have access to an install disc?

Regards

descriptionneed Drivers to connect to the internet EmptyRe: need Drivers to connect to the internet

more_horiz
Digitalocksmith wrote:
Running Windows 98 is not recommended in todays networking enviroment.

Its old hat and extrememly vunerable......finding drivers and the likes may be very difficult!

Nothing worthwhile running these days will fit with 98.....

Sounds like your in need of a compatible Ethernet controller but i would need your system specifications to be able to hunt one down!

Is your system capable of running XP SP2 at a minimum and do you have access to an install disc?

Regards

Its a gateway tower type pc using windows 98 with this modem Motorola sbv 5120 for the cable set up , I cant change it o anything else I would just like to know how to down load another driver for the earthnet that's coming off the mother board , because this computer did not come with an earthinet so the cable guy who hooked it up use the UBS cable from the back of the computer to the modem thanks

more_horiz
Ok....can you tell us your motherboard specs?

If you can gain internet access on a machine, download and install this freeware application that will give you all your system hardware specifications.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Belarc_Advisor_d1385.html

It should work with 98 so give it a try and then post your motherboard specs back here so i can take a look!

Regards

descriptionneed Drivers to connect to the internet Emptymotherboard specs download

more_horiz
Digitalocksmith wrote:

If you can gain internet access on a machine, download and install this freeware application that will give you all your system hardware specifications.

It should work with 98 so give it a try and then post your motherboard specs back here so i can take a look!

Regards

Smile...
I will be going there saturday Ill do that and post it for you ,thanks again

descriptionneed Drivers to connect to the internet Emptyfixed internet log on problem thanks Digitalocksmith

more_horiz
Digitalocksmith wrote:

Regards

Thanks I found out that the cable modem did not have the drivers installed so I went to my local cable office and got a drivers down load disk and it worked fine , thanks Digitalocksmith Hooray!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum