WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows 7 won't start up - Page 1 EmptyRe: Windows 7 won't start up

more_horiz
Thanks.

I ran a memory diagnostic program that I burned to a cd, memtest86, no problems with that. However I'm having a hard time successfully running a hard drive diagnostic program, I tried ESTool and ESTEST and neither of them ran successfully. Any suggestions?

Nazzgull,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't know anyone that would be comfortable enough with computers to allow me to put my hard drive into theirs. I do have a desktop pc, could I do the same with that one, if so how? Or is there a program I could download and burn that would allow me to do the disc cleanup or format the hard drive. BTW it's my laptop that is having problems if that helps any, Thanks.

more_horiz
FaithCassita wrote:
Thanks.

I ran a memory diagnostic program that I burned to a cd, memtest86, no problems with that. However I'm having a hard time successfully running a hard drive diagnostic program, I tried ESTool and ESTEST and neither of them ran successfully. Any suggestions?

What is the error ? What is happening ?

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Windows 7 won't start up - Page 1 Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
Yeah, sorry I forgot to write it down earlier but I tried running it again. For both it sait can't open CD driver, your RAM drive is loaded at C: Out of memory error Bad command or file name.

I just found out I have a Hitachi hard drive and I'm going to try the one listed under Hitachi on that article you provided.

more_horiz
Ok, I downloaded DriveTest and burned to a cd but it's giving me 4 options to choose: 1- for Adaptec 2- for LSI 320 Controller 3- for Tekram & Sybios Controllers 4- for ATTO 320 Controller. I'm not sure which option to choose. My hard drive is a Hitachi HTS543216L9SA00

Thanks again.

more_horiz
I believe it's the 3rd one Tekram & Sybios Controllers.

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
I'll try that one, thanks.

more_horiz
It has stalled on me again. It is stuck at the part that says loading DFT. So it hasn't even loaded the program fully. It's been like that for about 20 minutes now. Is it safe to now say that my hard drive is faulty? I'm really just want to do a successful diagnostics so I can know where to go from here. Do you know of any other options? Thanks.

more_horiz
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't know anyone that would be comfortable enough with computers to allow me to put my hard drive into theirs. I do have a desktop pc, could I do the same with that one, if so how? Or is there a program I could download and burn that would allow me to do the disc cleanup or format the hard drive. BTW it's my laptop that is having problems if that helps any, Thanks.

You can not attach laptop HDD to desktop. I know HDD Regenerator but it's not free, that software could fix your damaged HDD without problems.
I'm sure you have HDD problems. If you have some money, you should by new one and stop thinking about problems and crashes.

Windows 7 won't start up - Page 1 V45u80

more_horiz
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks so much guys. I have plans to buy a new hard drive this weekend and we'll see how that goes. Thanks for all the help!

more_horiz
Your most Welcome ! Glad I could help Smile...

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered

more_horiz
Ok, I am in need of help again please.

So I remembered I had a broken laptop laying around, the ac power jack was broken but the hard drive was fine. So I installed that hard drive into my newer laptop and proceeded to install Windows 7 on it. I think I forgot to delete the old version of windows xp off of it, or delete that partition. I just started to use the laptop with windows 7 abd installed the browsers I use, antivirus, spyware detection programs, all that good stuff. And it's saying i only have 10 gb of space left. So my question is how can I delete that older version of windows and partition without causing any damage. Thanks

more_horiz
Hello,

Is the XP on a different Partition i.e.C drive and D Drive ? Or one the same Partition ?

- Captain

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered

more_horiz
Oh, it looks like it's on the same one

more_horiz
Whoa ! That would be a problem. Well to be honest it's best to clean everything then install Windows 7 again. Because it might be a big mess to remove them separately. Also if we remove the wrong file it might stop windows from booting again.

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered

more_horiz
ok, I'd be ok with cleaning everything and reinstalling it. Do I just do that with the Windows 7 DVD or how is the best way to clean everything?

more_horiz
Yup .. Boot with Windows 7 Disk. Then part where it reached about partition select the advance option and format both partitions and then install it on C drive. Here is a article http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered

more_horiz
Great. Thanks for the help again! I'll be sure to do it right this time,

more_horiz
Your Welcome !
I know you will Smile...

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum