WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionToshiba Laptop BIOS password EmptyToshiba Laptop BIOS password

more_horiz
Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5928 that a cousin gave me. Right when it turns on, a little blue screen comes up in the middle of the screen asking for a password, gives you 3 tries and after the third failed attempt, will power off. I'm assuming it's the BIOS password, help?

descriptionToshiba Laptop BIOS password EmptyRe: Toshiba Laptop BIOS password

more_horiz
Hi aivlis,

Lets start from the beginning.

*Locate BIOS jumper (dipswitch). Mostly it is located under the keyboard or on the bottom of the laptop.
*Once located , change the position of the jumper..Now turn on your laptop.It should no longer ask for a password.
*Once the password has been cleared, place the jumper to its original position.

If this doesn't work, please let me know.

............................................................................................

Toshiba Laptop BIOS password Ama_210

more_horiz
Hi Aivlis

I was just looking at another Toshiba Satellite myself this weekend and cannot break a power-on password on it. Can't even get to the BIOS as the password request comes up before I get that far. If you're having the same problem then it appears there's a fault with Toshiba laptops where they request a power-on password even if you haven't set one. Backdoor passwords dont seem to work either though you could try Toshiba, or (assuming you'v gt a Phoenix BIOS) you could try PHOENIX, phoenix, CMOS or BIOS.

There's also a loopback dongle you can get that plugs into your printer port. You could also make one yourself and give it a shot, instruction here; http://www.laptop-repair.info/toshiba_bios_password.html

Im in the process of getting my hands on a DB25 plug to give it a shot myself.

If all else fails you may have to send it to a Toshiba-approved service centre, they can clear these power-on passwords.

Last edited by kes3000 on 2nd May 2010, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition to my response)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum