WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionanother bios password resetting problem Emptyanother bios password resetting problem

more_horiz
Hello again,
Ok...I am now working on a Compaq Evo D310v. I need to update the bios in an attempt for it to accept the RAM upgrade I'm trying to install. Once again I'm up against a bios setup password that will not reset. I have removed the battery for an hour and have tried the jumper trick. No luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 17th June 2009, 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing the computer model name)

descriptionanother bios password resetting problem EmptyRe: another bios password resetting problem

more_horiz
Hmmm... Make sure that everything including the battery, the power is removed.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

another bios password resetting problem Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionanother bios password resetting problem Emptybios password

more_horiz
Ok...I gave it another shot. Power was disconnected and took the battery out for another hour. Rebooted, hit F10 to get into setup. The screen asking for the password popped up again. It won't let me enter any characters or numbers. I can't remember...does the bios password show asterisks when entering something? Anyways, the Enter button is the only thing that seems to work here. After Entering 3 times, it will let you in but you can't make any changes to anything. Won't let you update the bios either. I downloaded the updated bios from the Compaq site and tried to update it anyways. It got as far as starting to install but then an error came up saying that it could not complete.
This one definitely has me scratching my head. Thanks!!
Oh another thing I forgot to add earlier. The bios was definitely reset after this. It went through all the steps of selecting language and setting the time and date. Thing is....I can't set anything because it wont let me. Weird.

Last edited by john1973 on 14th May 2009, 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more information)

descriptionanother bios password resetting problem EmptyRe: another bios password resetting problem

more_horiz
Ok, so you were able to reset the BIOS password, but now the settings couldn't be saved?

............................................................................................

descriptionanother bios password resetting problem Emptybios password

more_horiz
No. After taking out the battery and removing the power supply. I tried to access the bios again. The password prompt came up again. In the background, the bios screen was telling me something to the effect that the bios have been reset because of my actions (removing battery, power supply) so it was going through the typical configure steps (language prompts, set date and time, etc.). I had to hit Enter three times to get past the password prompt but of course that was incorrect because I guess that did not reset. Now that I am in the bios, I can't make any changes. Sorry if this is confusing. It's confusing to me too. :-)

So what I guess I'm trying to say is that I believe the bios have been reset but it did not reset the password because it is still asking for one and when I hit Enter three times, I can get in but can make no changes.

more_horiz
Bump

more_horiz
I can't think of another way, this is as far my knowledge takes me.

You will need to contact your computer manufacturer for information on how to reset the BIOS password.

more_horiz
Hey I really appreciate your help on this. I sent the memory back for a replacement to see if that was the problem. If that doesn't work I will take it to a shop. Thanks again!

more_horiz
john1973 wrote:
Hey I really appreciate your help on this. I sent the memory back for a replacement to see if that was the problem. If that doesn't work I will take it to a shop. Thanks again!

Shop can help you do battery flashing, but it comes with a fee too.

another bios password resetting problem MysigROG365x140withmark

more_horiz
how to update BIOS?

more_horiz
Hello legend,

You can get your BIOS update from your motherboard's manufacturer's website.

more_horiz
how do i know my motherboard's manufacturer?

more_horiz
What is the brand of your PC?

more_horiz
i don't know because my pc is custom...

Last edited by legend on 8th August 2009, 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong statement)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum