WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedresetting system bios password

more_horiz
Hello all,
I am working on a laptop for a friend and cannot get into the bios due to a password that was set. My friend has since forgotten what the password is. Can anyone tell me how to reset this password? I am dealing with a HP compaq nx9005.
Thanks!

descriptionSolvedRe: resetting system bios password

more_horiz
The only way is to take out the battery from the laptop. You will need a screwdriver to open the casing below the laptop.

After you have removed the battery, wait for about 10 minutes and place the battery back in. The BIOS password should be gone now.

descriptionSolvedbios password reset

more_horiz
That did it...thank you much!!

more_horiz
That's not the only way. If you just have told us what is the BIOS vendor you've then get yourself a keyboard tricks to reset a passkey.

more_horiz
Hi coccobill seeing your the man in the know hope you can help! Just came across this posting for resetting the bios password after spending 2 days trying to clear mine by taking the battery out from the cmos to discover it didn't work. Any idea's where I go from here? I think the proccesor was an AMD when I was in side. Cheers GAZ

more_horiz
Hi guys , sorry but before any of you could get back to me I have found this site for cracking the bios and it worked !!! so smiles all round

http://dogber1.blogspot.com/2009/05/table-of-reverse-engineered-bios.html

Big Grin Hooray!

more_horiz
ok good find

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum