leafy
maria47
nickolasgoodman
fontyyy
Z00LANDER
NCMysticlady
Doctor Inferno
21 posters

descriptionToshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions EmptyToshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions

more_horiz

Toshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions
This tutorial will show you how to restore your Toshiba computer and the system back to it's factory settings. Note that all your files and data will be deleted.

1. Restart the computer.

2. Repeatedly tap the F8 key until you see the Advanced Boot Option Screen.

3. Select Repair Your Computerand hit Enter.

4. Select your country >> OK.

5. On the System Recovery Options Screen select Restore Application.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

8. When prompted, select on "Full Factory Recovery"

9. Select Next >> Yes.

10. After a couple of minutes the recovery will be completed.

descriptionToshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions EmptyRe: Toshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions

more_horiz
I tried to boot wwith the F8. nothing happens

descriptionToshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions EmptyRe: Toshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions

more_horiz
This worked on my Toshiba S1120. The options were mildly different, but the F8 trick worked. Once I got into the Advanced Boot menu and clicked on the Recover System link, I had a few options that weren't EXACTLY what is listed above, but basically, I just picked the ones that said "Restore computer to out-of-box-state". It wiped out everything and started me with a fresh machine as if I had just bought it. Worked like a charm.

more_horiz
If that doesn't work (the one I've got here just cycled back to the menu screen repeatedly when "repair my computer" was selected) and if you can still get into Windows at all you might be able to create a set of recovery DVD's and recover the system by booting to the first DVD (press f12 at boot up with the DVD in the drive) you get the same repair setup but no option to do anything other than totally wipe the system.

That's what I just did, I was about to give up, accept the recovery partition itself was damaged and start again with a clean install of Vista (as I have a Vista Anytime install disc) but I presume that it was just the boot record (BCD?) that was failing to allow the system to boot to the recovery menu.

The recovery DVD wiped the entire HD, removed all partitions, wrote a new recovery partition (which the system now will boot to) then restored Windows from that partiton, brill, saved me a load of time finding all the drivers etc.

more_horiz
Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite L505D running Vista that I wiped the C: on and was stuck without any recovery cd. Like a lot of systems these days this laptop 'does' have a recovery partition. The problem is it is hidden and not set to active. Luckily I have an 'Ultimate Boot' cd that allows you to look at and change the partitions so I set the recovery partition to active and un-hid it. When I rebooted the system it went straight to the recovery screen and let me reset it to 'out-of-box-state'. I hope this helps. Smile...

more_horiz
did it work when you went back to factory setting as i cant seem to reboot pc

more_horiz
When i click repais computer it takes ages to load then comes up a blank page with a box in right hand top corner with no options. It dont work grrr aint there a disk that can be taken from somewere? Thanks for help tho people.

descriptionToshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions EmptyToshiba recovery partition & hotkey

more_horiz
Hi,
This is really a very interesting and useful post about Toshiba recovery partition and hotkey. This tutorial tells how to restore Toshiba computer and system back to it's factory settings.
With Regards
file recovery software

more_horiz
Where is the link referred to above in Post 8??

more_horiz
hi...
I have purchase toshiba satellite c660. after 1 week i install a registry error remover to remove the the registry errors. but it removed all the restore points and it seems that it was a virus. then i restarted the pc and boot file missing showing. i tried to restore by the same process which is given above by pressing F8 and further by toshiba recovery. but it does not work. next day i had assignment submission so i install the OS of Dell computer to just for time being run the Laptop. but now i want to recovery my PC to factory settings ... can you tell my how to do that.

more_horiz
Im lost. Im being told by toshiba to hit the 0 key. I hit that key and had 1 shot to restore to factory defaults. I chose the middle choice, I think it was keep partitions the same but return to original config. Ever since then it just loops to the safemode startup screen and ignores it when you hit the number 0 key... So is there a certain time when you should be hitting the 0 key? Should something in the bios be set to something other then default? I never made a recovery cd and I cannot boot into windows any longer. Couls someone explain when i should be hitting "0", if i shouls, for how long, do i let go after a certain msg? Things like that.
The specs on my toshiba is its a satellite L455-S5975, runnin Windows 7.
However, for the 2nd time I have now been able to get to the recovery factory default screen. This time I chose the first option of just wiping out to go back to factory defaults... I fogot to mention, when I did the first recovery, it ended with an error saying there was an error recovering the partition. Im sorry for not knowing exact error as I didnt know Id be writing about it. However if this one fails i will be sure to post it. Please help if I come back with n error please?
Thanks everyone!
Liam
PS.. I received the error again. It occurs after its in the recovery stage. Meaning its finished the copy stage and any before. It comes to a halt during the recovery stage and says the following...
"ERROR: 10-FA12-045D
Recovery error.
Please press [OK] to turn off the computer...."

By the way, I noticed last time when I did restart, it says its restoring or i think its updating registry files. Then it begins to loop to the safe mode screen no matter what i choose. The original issue was a corrupt registry file (or so I was told by the self proclaimed family technician of computer).
The Toshiba tech suggested it needs a registry rollback but would not elaborate. Without being able to login to windows I wouldnt know how. But even worse, after running this partition recovery program i doubt it will even be available. Any ideas? Is there an updated recovery wizard that self installs? Anything?
Thanks again everyone,
Liam

descriptionToshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions EmptyVery helpful post

more_horiz
nickolasgoodman wrote:
Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite L505D running Vista that I wiped the C: on and was stuck without any recovery cd. Like a lot of systems these days this laptop 'does' have a recovery partition. The problem is it is hidden and not set to active. Luckily I have an 'Ultimate Boot' cd that allows you to look at and change the partitions so I set the recovery partition to active and un-hid it. When I rebooted the system it went straight to the recovery screen and let me reset it to 'out-of-box-state'. I hope this helps. Smile...

This suggestion helped me get into the recovery options that were unable to load for some reason.
I registered to show my appreciation and advise others since i was helped here.

Liam i would suggest looking for the UltimateBootCD as it contains a program that can assist with registry errors.

http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

descriptionToshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions EmptyThe Ultimate Boot CD

more_horiz
Hi,

I also have a Toshiba Satellite A300 running Windows Vista. When the system crashed (and i was unable to log in) i installed a parallel Vista version (which renamed the old version to windows.old).

After this I've tried to make a factory reset instead, but unsuccesfully. I never get to the Toshiba Recovery Wizard (pressing zero does nothing) and when doing advanced booting the option "Repair" is never shown.

When i read the following I made a Ultimate Boot CD and wiped the partition holding the OS (both versions) to get to the same state as nickolasgoodman. But now i don't know how to activate/use the recovery partition. By using the UBCD and the application "Parted Magic" i can inspect the partitions and change flags etc (the recovery partition was flagged as "diag" (not "hidden") and I've tried to flag it "boot" and without flags (as the data partition) but no luck.

How do I use the Ultimate Boot CD to get to the Toshiba Factory Reset?

Best regards

seizer512 wrote:
nickolasgoodman wrote:

This suggestion helped me get into the recovery options that were unable to load for some reason.
I registered to show my appreciation and advise others since i was helped here.

Liam i would suggest looking for the UltimateBootCD as it contains a program that can assist with registry errors.

http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

descriptionToshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions EmptyToshiba Factory Hot Key

more_horiz
I have a Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976. As I was booting I kept pressing the "Zero" key and a loading bar started across the bottom of the screen and then it said windows is loading files. Shortly a red background screen stating that all data will be lost. Make sure power supply is plugged in before you start. You could select Yes or No. It worked for me. Thank you. Esrof

descriptionToshiba Recovery Partition & Hotkey + Instructions Emptyubcd, hirens....or simply the gparted live!

more_horiz
so after reading this...I thought i'd post to let folks know what does work on some toshibas.(quite frankly I believe it would work on any system with a hidden recovery partition) ubcd is the erd with several useful utilities, unfortunately nickolasgoodman failed to mention which of those he used which brought him success. I have many usb disks with some 50+ bootable 'rescue' options, windows and linux installations, so on and so forth, as being geek and learning new stuff everyday is what i do. gparted live is the tool you want, you can get the live rescue disk from the folks at gparted HERE and you can create a bootable live disk with it simply burning the downloaded image to a disk as an image, as that is what it is. boot from the media you created(i prefer creating bootable live usb sticks, more info at pendrivelinux.com - click YUMI - so much more efficient) and once gparted live starts up and the software opens, find the hddrecovery partition. for me it was the 3rd partition, the first was a very tiny 'diag' partition, second was the windows partition some numbskull loaded win7 ultimate 'pirated' edition on, the third was the hddrecovery, this one i right clicked, clicked manage flags, and unchecked hidden, and checked boot. initially the diag partition had boot and diag checked, afterwards it only had diag checked. I applied the settings and rebooted the laptop. direct to toshibas recovery lickety split no hitting 0, no bothering with anything else. do NOT bother debating any of the options, the one and only option you should use is the recovery out of box state. 15 minutes you'll be up and going again. I hope this was clear and concise enough to help others, this is something I have looked at more then once over the years, but only now did it work! :o

nickolasgoodman wrote:

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum