WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedHow do I restore my Acer Aspire 6530 laptop to factory default

more_horiz
I need to restore my laptop back to factory default so I can pass it on to my brother. I don't have the restore CD's and I have tried alt+F10 on start up and that doesn't work. It's vista home premium and also it wont boot into vista (Freezes at "Welcome please wait" screen). It will boot in safe mode.

Thanks in advance. Sam.

descriptionSolvedRe: How do I restore my Acer Aspire 6530 laptop to factory default

more_horiz
Hello,

Can you try F12 instead? If it doesn't work you need your recovery CD.

descriptionSolvedRe: How do I restore my Acer Aspire 6530 laptop to factory default

more_horiz
F12 Gives me a "MultiBoot selection" menu

more_horiz
Hello,

Boot into your BIOS by tapping F2 at bootup (If it doesn't work use Del). Once in the BIOS enable Hard Disk Recovery, After that use Alt+F12 to access the recovery partition.

more_horiz
I have PhoenixBIOS and it does have Hard Disk Recovery in it. Any other ideas?

more_horiz
Hello,

It does or it doesn't?

more_horiz
Doesn't. Sorry Goofy

more_horiz
SOLVED.

I found my recovery CD's. Thanks for your help.

descriptionSolvedWhat is ON the Acer Recovery partition?

more_horiz
I am trying to use UBCD4Win 3.60 to recover from a virus. I requires an ISO image including the UBCD4Win stuff, and an XP installation disk. I have XP MMC on Acer Aspire 5580, sp3. I have an Win XP Home Ed. install disk, and wonder if I should use that, or if I can use the recover y partiion? I'm guessing not, that Acer has a buncho of proprietary crap thet will interfere?

descriptionSolvedacer aspire one

more_horiz
can anyone help me get into my system restore menu if there is one ive tried f 10, alt f10, f 8 alt f8 its stuck on a update configuration 3 of 3 0 % compleat loop and Im trying to fix it anyone have any sugestions ?
Let me think 

more_horiz
Hello and welcome. You should probably start a new thread. I don't have admin privileges here or I'd move it.

If we're talking Vista here, I've seen it get stuck at that update configuration sometimes for a couple of hours.

You may need to boot to the Vista install disk and do a repair.

more_horiz
ok so my problems and there are many is this.. one its and aspire one d250 not the 6530 not sure where that came in anyway with vista os It dosent have a cd rom so cant boot from cd i do have a detachabel one how ever i cant seem to get vista to recong boot from usb although usb- cd is an option it dose nothing. ive read that it can be fixed by deleating a file but to do that i need to be able to get into the erecovery screen witch is supposibly f 10 or alt f 10 Ive tried it a million diffrent was from holding it down to tapping te 10 using the left and right alt keys but all i get is the windows recovery it wont boot in safe mode, safe mode with net work or safe mode using comand pomps. iv read something about a partion that can recover its but can get to work either. im not good with computers and ill be the first to admit im far from smart when it come to them so if you have any suggestions or no of any where i should check or any bit of info would be awesome i need this thing for school and not to be giving you some sad story but im a single mom of two buying a new one or paying some 120 -230 is not an option for me. I appecate any info you can give me thank you for you time Kat

more_horiz
I think the Alt+F10 key combination is the one to get you into the recovery partition.

When you start the machine, you probably see an Acer logo. When you see that logo, there is probably text on the bottom of the screen with options to enter setup, boot menu, or the recovery partition. At that point, you should hold the Alt key down and tap the F10 key.

I didn't realize you are using a netbook and that it doesn't have a optical disk drive. You mentioned that you have an external USB CD disk drive. Do you know that it works?

Now assuming that the USB CD drive works and that you have the install disk, you should be able to use F12 when it starts to get to the Boot menu. From there, you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select the USB drive.

See if some of that helps. Please note, I have a hard time reading your posts. Proper grammar and correct spelling helps.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum