WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAcer System Recovery Partition Hotkey & Instructions (eRecovery) EmptyAcer System Recovery Partition Hotkey & Instructions (eRecovery)

more_horiz
To access the recovery partition on your Acer computer for recovery, follow the steps listed below.

1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press OK to reboot unit

Note that all data will be lost during this process and your computer will be brought back to it's original factory state and settings.

descriptionAcer System Recovery Partition Hotkey & Instructions (eRecovery) EmptyRe: Acer System Recovery Partition Hotkey & Instructions (eRecovery)

more_horiz
I have an Acer Aspire e380 PC. I formetted my computer to replace vista with xp home edition. In doing so, I now receive half of my HD capability, my HD was 320 G. It was partioned before I formatted and I wanted all of my HD as one partion. As well, I cannot find all necessary drivers to restore all functionability. I have no sound either.
Please help me....!!??

descriptionAcer System Recovery Partition Hotkey & Instructions (eRecovery) EmptyeRecovery stopped

more_horiz
I was having issues with using eRecovery booting from the DVDs I've made on day one. The original issue was the copy speed from DVD to HDD was crawling at 1-3 MB/Min after running around 900-1200 MB/Min. Even then, the restore failed after hitting 100% (and 32 hours later). Luckily I found this solution allowing me to recover from the partition available from the HDD. This increased the copy speed to 2500 MB/Min. However, the progress bar repeatedly stops at 84% on the same file.

I don't believe my HDD has failed, otherwise I would not have been able to get this far. Or am I wrong? Any suggestions?

Some additional information:
Currently running...
Acer Aspire X1200
Windows Vista Home Premium

The source file that Recovery stops on is 'POP01I0N04EN6C11.137'

descriptionAcer System Recovery Partition Hotkey & Instructions (eRecovery) Emptyacer - win vista home basic

more_horiz
hi - am a bit thick on all this so need some advise...

my laptop has slowed down big time so i want to restore back to factory settings - i have created a backup and put it on the d: drive

does this mean that if i follow your steps to restore to factory settings that when i come back on i pull up the back up box and run it from the d: drive?

Will it also remember my internet connection or will i need to find cd to reinstal that? i have checked under the d: drive and it seems to have got most of my stuff there...

one last thing, is this the right thing to do if my laptop has slowed down?

thanks

M

descriptionAcer System Recovery Partition Hotkey & Instructions (eRecovery) EmptyRe: Acer System Recovery Partition Hotkey & Instructions (eRecovery)

more_horiz
Just an update with my situation. It appears that my HDD was bad. I bought a new WD Black HDD and the restore went through exactly as it was supposed to.

@max77: If your D: drive is partitioned, it will still pull the restore onto C: with no problem. It will install your PC to the last restore point so it will keep intact any internet settings.

As far as your laptop slowing down, you might want to run an anti-virus/anti-malware scan and rid yourself of any unwanteds running around. Also what may help, is a registry scan/cleaner. Otherwise, a restore should do the trick.

more_horiz
my acer e recovery isn't working ive tried all the key board combinations eg alt f10 hold f8 alt f8 nothing is working ?? any suggestions ???

more_horiz
thanks, very helpfull. :cool2:

more_horiz
What does it mean when I try to go to 'System REstore" on my Acer Aspire 5580, and it says: 'System Recovery unable to protect your compute, please reboot and try again'; which, of course never changes after multiple reboots?

more_horiz
I get a strip of 'noise' at the top of the screen after I hit Alt + F10 on my acer aspire one. it stays like that and the restore never loads. Any suggestions?

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
To access the recovery partition on your Acer computer for recovery, follow the steps listed below.

1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press OK to reboot unit

Note that all data will be lost during this process and your computer will be brought back to it's original factory state and settings.

On the target. Tanks

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum