WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHP | Compaq System Recovery Hotkey & Instructions (HP PC System Recovery) EmptyHP | Compaq System Recovery Hotkey & Instructions (HP PC System Recovery)

more_horiz
HP | Compaq System Recovery Hotkey & Instructions (HP PC System Recovery)
To access the recovery partition on your HP or Compaq computer for recovery, follow the steps listed below.

1. Power on the computer
2. Press F10 repeatedly when you see the HP or Compaq logo.
2. When the recovery screen appears, press Next and then Yes to perform a non-destructive recovery.
3. To perform a destructive recovery, click Advanced and then Yes.
4. After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.

descriptionHP | Compaq System Recovery Hotkey & Instructions (HP PC System Recovery) EmptyRe: HP | Compaq System Recovery Hotkey & Instructions (HP PC System Recovery)

more_horiz
This is a desk top not a laptop does that make any difference?

descriptionHP | Compaq System Recovery Hotkey & Instructions (HP PC System Recovery) EmptyRe: HP | Compaq System Recovery Hotkey & Instructions (HP PC System Recovery)

more_horiz
No, it doesn't.

more_horiz
I dont have the restore/recovery CDs and i need to restore mine. and these options dont work for me. What can I do?

more_horiz
Hello,

You need to try and contact HP to see if they will provide you with a recovery disc. If they don't you need to get your self another copy of Windows.

more_horiz
When I press F10 it takes me to another screen but niether of the options above are available to me. I cannot open any malware or spyware removal programs because of "Your Pc Protector" & "Internet Security 2010" & "Windows Security Center". What should I do. I have a Compaq Presario V5000

more_horiz
F10 in the Presario 900 Laptop I am working with takes you to the BIOS nothing seems to get you to the system restore.

Any ideas?

more_horiz
kway13 wrote:
When I press F10 it takes me to another screen but niether of the options above are available to me. I cannot open any malware or spyware removal programs because of "Your Pc Protector" & "Internet Security 2010" & "Windows Security Center". What should I do. I have a Compaq Presario V5000

I have the same system as you. To do a System Recovery @ Factory settings: Copy the files you want to keep first! Restart computer, as it reboots push F11. If you want to completely wipe it out use the " advanced" option then the "destructive recovery" option, that will wipe out files and software you have installed, and virus's. Follow the instructions, then it will restart itself, then follow the next steps and your good to go.. Works wonderfully!!! Don't worry the original programs from the factory will still be there.

more_horiz
Hi, I've a Compaq Presario, but  its not the original motherboard. I've no disks with it and an unregistered version of windows 7 -  to cut a long story short my windows product key doesn't work as different version of windows was installed on new motherboard.
My Question is 1 - there are 2 drives -  local disk c and recovery d (is this my factory settings recovery?)
2 - if I did a system recovery to factory settings with it install the original settings? ie my original windows so my product key works!!

Thanks

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum