WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet is connected but doesn't work EmptyInternet is connected but doesn't work

more_horiz
Okay, so I'm using Vista and the internet is connected (the blue bubble has appeared and everything). However, nothing on my computer works if it needs the internet! Not Messenger, Skype og any of my browsers.

After having checked another thread on Geek Police I tried resetting my TCP/IP stack and the WINSOCK entries, but it didn't work (CMD telling me that the reques requires elevation). I also tried the Winsock XP Fix and rebooted my system, but this didn't work either (quite possibly because I'm using Vista, not XP).

Anything else I can do? Smile...

descriptionInternet is connected but doesn't work EmptyRe: Internet is connected but doesn't work

more_horiz
Check your proxy settings.

Remove the Proxy setting in Internet Explorer and/or in FireFox.

In Internet Explorer
  1. Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox
  1. Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection > Choose "No Proxy"
  2. Click the apply button and restart that computer in normal mode.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Internet is connected but doesn't work DXwU4
Internet is connected but doesn't work VvYDg

descriptionInternet is connected but doesn't work EmptyRe: Internet is connected but doesn't work

more_horiz
Thanks, but it still doesn't work :/ and it's not just the browsers that can't connect -- everything that needs the internet has a problem! I uninstalled the anti-virus program I had and the Windows firewall is switched off.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum