WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMissing drivers after reformatting toshiba satallite A100 EmptyMissing drivers after reformatting toshiba satallite A100

more_horiz
Hi,

My friend and I reformatted her laptop, but didn't have the recovery cd. We tried to back up her drivers using drivermax but weren't able to recover them.

We updated windows xp pro to service pack 2 and installed all the drivers we could off of toshiba canada's website.

The model of her computer is Toshiba Satallite A100 PSAA5C-TA102C.

When it starts up it displays the message

"The ATI control panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed, or ATI driver is not working properly. The ATI Control Panel will now close."

Also a message popsup saying that a modem driver is needed for the high definition audio bus.

We tried to install the display drivers, but the specified path was too long. We also couldn't install the drivers in the folder "Toshiba Configfree" that was also on the driver list on the toshiba website.

Thanks for any help!!

descriptionMissing drivers after reformatting toshiba satallite A100 EmptyRe: Missing drivers after reformatting toshiba satallite A100

more_horiz
Hello,

Get your ATI drivers from here:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Install it. Download your audio driver from here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

And install it also.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Missing drivers after reformatting toshiba satallite A100 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionMissing drivers after reformatting toshiba satallite A100 EmptyRe: Missing drivers after reformatting toshiba satallite A100

more_horiz
Sorry for having no clue, but how do I tell which driver I need from those websites?

more_horiz
Hello,

For the audio driver, just get the one I sent you in the link. I also need your graphic card's model to point you to which driver you need to download.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Missing drivers after reformatting toshiba satallite A100 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum