WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

description* System Security * I've got it bad...nothing will open! - Page 1 EmptyRe: * System Security * I've got it bad...nothing will open!

more_horiz
Origin wrote:
Please download Ice Sword from HERE

1. Download the zip to your desktop and extract it.
  2. Open the Ice Sword folder and then launch IceSword.exe.
  3. Then look in the left hand bottom of the program and press "Registry"
  4. When the registry list opens, drag the line between the two windows so you can see which registry hive you need.
  5. Next, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

6. Now look in the right side pane for two run values that are just random numbers.
  7. Once you have found the value(s), right click it and press "Delete"
  8. Okay the prompt and close IceSword.

**If you are unable to open the zipped file, download IceSword from here:

I did this but I dont see the random numbers. The only value I see is the default and it does nothing when i delete it.

description* System Security * I've got it bad...nothing will open! - Page 1 EmptyRe: * System Security * I've got it bad...nothing will open!

more_horiz
Swampfox please refrain from posting in other members posts are start your own, I would be happy to help you if you do.

No I don't think you should, many of those are crucial to the system.

Download MGtools from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/247427026/MGtools.exe.html

Now follow the instructions on this page:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137630

Once you haver MGtools extracted to your C:\ drive there will be a file there called Analyze.exe That file will be HijackThis, now follow these directions:

• Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

............................................................................................

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

* System Security * I've got it bad...nothing will open! - Page 1 2wg6fte

more_horiz
Origin wrote:
Swampfox please refrain from posting in other members posts are start your own, I would be happy to help you if you do.

No I don't think you should, many of those are crucial to the system.

Download MGtools from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/247427026/MGtools.exe.html

Now follow the instructions on this page:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137630

Once you haver MGtools extracted to your C:\ drive there will be a file there called Analyze.exe That file will be HijackThis, now follow these directions:

• Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

This also won't open...no programs will open :hmm:

more_horiz
did not work for me, but I am running an XP machine...

more_horiz
anything else ?

more_horiz
Try renaming MGTools.exe to Winlogon.exe, see if the malware notices or not.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
* System Security * I've got it bad...nothing will open! - Page 1 DXwU4
* System Security * I've got it bad...nothing will open! - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
Belahzur wrote:
Try renaming MGTools.exe to Winlogon.exe, see if the malware notices or not.

I tried and it didn't work : /

more_horiz
I really just want to wipe my hard drive clean, but I need to be able to access the recovery discs and I can't ! I have already saved ALL info on my computer.

more_horiz
I haven't given up yet. Smile...

• Please download DDS by sUBs to your Desktop (Important!!) from one of these locations:
    Link 1
    Link 2
  • Double click DDS.scr to run.
  • When complete, two logs will open. Save both of the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste DDS.txt back here, I don't need to see attach.txt.

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
* System Security * I've got it bad...nothing will open! - Page 1 DXwU4
* System Security * I've got it bad...nothing will open! - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum