WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioncannot open any programs or system tools due to system security Emptycannot open any programs or system tools due to system security

more_horiz
Ok, so about two days ago I got the system security spyware. I've been finding ways to remove it, bu tthe problem is the program won't allow me to access any spyware removal programs I download or the taskmanager or the registery or msconfig and basically any other program because it says it is infected.

I can't boot into safemode because it's saying that my version of windows is not activated but I know this is a genuine version. I'm not sure what to do anymore. Is there a way to kill the process without the task manager?

Also I can't make a HJT or Combofix log because system security won't allow the programs to open

descriptioncannot open any programs or system tools due to system security EmptyRe: cannot open any programs or system tools due to system security

more_horiz
Please download Ice Sword from HERE

1. Download the zip to your desktop and extract it.
  2. Open the Ice Sword folder and then launch IceSword.exe.
  3. Will IceSword open?

Also, let me know if you can't unzip it.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
cannot open any programs or system tools due to system security DXwU4
cannot open any programs or system tools due to system security VvYDg

descriptioncannot open any programs or system tools due to system security EmptyRe: cannot open any programs or system tools due to system security

more_horiz
ok I was able to download and unzip it, but I can't run the program. Every time ia double click it , a little security balloon pops up saying that icesword.exe is infected and that I can't run it

more_horiz
Right click IceSword.exe, select Rename.
Rename it to winlogon.exe.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
alright that worked! so what do I do now?

more_horiz
Hello.
This will not remove the malware, but will only disable it so we can get scanners working, so don't think IceSword is the only tool we need.

• Look in the left hand bottom of the program and press "Registry"
  • When the registry list opens, drag the line between the two windows so you can see which registry hive you need.
  • Next, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

• Now look in the right side pane for one or two run values that are just random numbers.
  • Once you have found the value(s), right click it and press "Delete"
  • Okay the prompt and close IceSword.

Reboot normally.
Let me know if you can run things normally now without any fake alerts.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum