WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSecurity Tool removal - not able to install or open programs EmptySecurity Tool removal - not able to install or open programs

more_horiz
I am infected with Security Tool. I have attempted to use the self help instructions for removal but Security Tool has disabled my ability to install programs (Malwarebytes). When running the mbam-setup.exe file you can see it open for a flash but then disappears. The same happens for Task Manager, not allowing me to close the Security Tool process long enough to install anything.

Additionally, 3 times I had a blue screen pop up saying Windows need to restart to avoid harming they system. It pointed to file spcmdcom.sys as the cause. I'm not sure how that is related or if it is important.

I'm on XP. Thanks. for any help.

descriptionSecurity Tool removal - not able to install or open programs EmptyRe: Security Tool removal - not able to install or open programs

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

descriptionSecurity Tool removal - not able to install or open programs EmptyRe: Security Tool removal - not able to install or open programs

more_horiz
I cannot install Hijack This. When I double click the opening screen flashes and then closes. This is the same thing that happens with Task Manager and the Malwarebytes .exe file. Security Tool is keeping me from opening programs.

more_horiz
Lets try this.

• Please download DDS by sUBs to your Desktop (Important!!) from one of these locations:
    Link 1
    Link 2
  • Double click DDS.scr to run.
  • When complete, two logs will open. Save both of the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste BOTH LOGS back here, use more than one post if needed.

more_horiz
The same thing happens. The black screen pops up for a flash and then closes before anything is started. This is what has happened with everything I have tried to run.

more_horiz
I was finally able to access the Task Manager and kill the Security Tools process. I ran Malwarebytes and it appears to be gone on the surface.

more_horiz
Can you run DDS now?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum