WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFloppy disk fail(40) EmptyFloppy disk fail(40)

more_horiz
Whenever I start my computer, this notice will also appear. Floppy disk (40) failed. I often need to press F1 i order to proceed as normal. However I notice the start up is much slower than the "normal" start up. Can anybody tell me whats the problem with my computer? Its been annoying me ever since. (btw this is not the first time that it happens! At around June 2008 it happened and after a few months it went back to normal. I tried waiting for it to disappear but it did not end up like the last case)

descriptionFloppy disk fail(40) EmptyRe: Floppy disk fail(40)

more_horiz
Boot into your BIOS by pressing Del at boot up. Go to advanced BIOS features and make sure that your Floppy drive is not the first boot device, make sure it is the hard disk instead.

Also make sure that your floppy drive is properly connected to the motherboard and the cables are properly attached.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Floppy disk fail(40) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Well, I did what u ask and I found out that Floppy drive isn't the first but hard disk isn't the 1st too. I cant remember what the 1st is but I remember that after entering advance BIOS features there isn't any Floppy drive.

more_horiz
That means your floppy drive is not connected properly. Open up the casing of your computer and check the that cables connected to the floppy drive are properly attached and tight.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Floppy disk fail(40) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum