WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCmos checksum error :( EmptyCmos checksum error :(

more_horiz
...So I did a complete re format and fresh install of windows xp, everything seemed fine for a bit while I was putting things back together on the desktop, i.e mobo drivers, resizing the desktop etc etc. But I had a message on the start up screens saying "cmos checksum error and will start with its default settings" or something like that, and now my desktop freezes and cant access task manager or anything at all, only thing i can do is a hard reset. Every time I go back to the desktop this will happen after a mintute or two (if that!), so the only way I can get on here is via "safe mode with networking"

I think I had this problem once before when I did a xp install on this pc but cant remember how it was fixed in the end. I know it can be to do with the cmos battery being poor but I believe this isnt the case here.

How can I fix this and maybe get the right settings for the bios (if that could be the problem)?

Thank you ;)

descriptionCmos checksum error :( EmptyRe: Cmos checksum error :(

more_horiz
Please stop posting new threads.
Use the other one, closed.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Cmos checksum error :( DXwU4
Cmos checksum error :( VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum