WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDVD Burner showing a CD-Rom and refusing to burn CD's in DeepBurner EmptyDVD Burner showing a CD-Rom and refusing to burn CD's in DeepBurner

more_horiz
First off, hello all.  Sorry to open up here with a question but I must.

I have a gaming rig with a DVDRW that has decided it's a CD-Rom, and won't burn a disk.

I use Deepburner or have done.. and basically it shows as "not a writable drive"

So far I have disabled UAC on my Windows 7 64bit OS, I have reinstalled the drive, Checked the registry to which the key mentioned in step 5 (cant post link but explains about a registry key that is not present )

Each time the drive shows up as stated above, and I am at a loss to fix it really.  

Any and all advice welcome.

Drew Thank You!

descriptionDVD Burner showing a CD-Rom and refusing to burn CD's in DeepBurner EmptyRe: DVD Burner showing a CD-Rom and refusing to burn CD's in DeepBurner

more_horiz
Go to your Device manager and check if there are any yellow warning icons.

descriptionDVD Burner showing a CD-Rom and refusing to burn CD's in DeepBurner EmptyRe: DVD Burner showing a CD-Rom and refusing to burn CD's in DeepBurner

more_horiz
Hi,

None at all.

Drew

more_horiz
Go back to Device manager and try to update the drivers for that device.

more_horiz
Done as said, computer says "The best driver software is already installed" and has listed it as CD-Rom drive.

Drew

more_horiz
Did you make any changes in the Registry?

more_horiz
No didn't change a thing.

more_horiz
Could it be your software? You could try this one.

more_horiz
I'll give it a go in morning and let you know Smile...

more_horiz
Tried that one and got fails each time I verified the disk, however on a whim tried PowerISO which seems to work?

Touch strange, but means i can burn disks so what is what matters.

Thanks all.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum