WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLaptop not registering hard drive!!!!!!!! EmptyLaptop not registering hard drive!!!!!!!!

more_horiz
So, my computer is working fine one minute, I leave, come back and it's restarted and is telling me that I have no hardrive.
It says Cable not connected! And then something about the NIC, I don't know much about this kind of thing...but I have a feeling this is bad. It registers that I have an Atheros Ethernet Controller, but no main hard drive...My diagnostic log is telling me to replace my hardrive.... Sad tearing is there ANYTHING I CAN DO, short of buying a new one, I have NO money!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
I have an HP Mini 110, windows xp.
I have no disk drive, internal or external. I have no windows xp disk....

descriptionLaptop not registering hard drive!!!!!!!! EmptyRe: Laptop not registering hard drive!!!!!!!!

more_horiz
You'll need to replace the hard drive and reload the system.

A replacement hard drive should be less than $100 USD. Looks for a 2.5" SATA drive. It should be fairly easy to replace. You'll need a Phillips screwdriver. See page 53 of the service manual

Since you don't have the install disks, according to this article you can download the system (Windows XP) to a flash drive and install it from there.

descriptionLaptop not registering hard drive!!!!!!!! EmptyRe: Laptop not registering hard drive!!!!!!!!

more_horiz
Hi sweetie,
Remove the hard drive and install it into another computer as a slave.
If it shows up in 'my computer' as a drive letter(like E: drive) but you can't access it,you can recover data on it with data recovery program to avoid losing your data.I have succeed with Tenorshare data recovery. It can recover data after deeply scanning your hard drive to look for lost data due to drives crash.You can get it here: http://www.any-data-recovery.com/index.htm After you recover your data,you can format it to check out whether it can be fixed.
If the hard drive can't be detected,you can try this way.Put it in a zip-lock bag and put it in the freezer overnight. Then while it's still cold plug it into the computer and you may be able to view it in 'my computer'. And run the recovery program to recover your data on it.
If it fails, you will have to go to a recovery office where supply data recovery service but let's hope not because it will cost you a lot of money and whether they can recover data is not guaranteed.
This article will help. How To Recover Data From Crashed Hard Drive? http://tenorsharedatarecovery.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-recover-lost-data-from-crashed.html
Well,this is a bit technical.You may need a friend who know computer well to help you. Let me think

............................................................................................

I pressed F5, and I'm feeling refreshed... Annoyed or Unimpress

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum