WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer crashes when I plug in the ethernet cable to the wireless router??? EmptyComputer crashes when I plug in the ethernet cable to the wireless router???

more_horiz
Hello, my computer keeps crashing when I plug the blue internet usb cord into the wireless router.
I usually unplug it whenever I'm not using the computer that's why I'm saying I "plug" it in. The other end of the blue cord is always plugged into the back of my computer.
When it connects to the net, my computer just dies, goes black. A blue screen doesn't even show up. It also crashes when I plug in my digi cam and usb flash drive. I have tried system restore a few times but it's always unsuccessful. I cleaned the fans in the back. I'm not able to go to a support website to download drivers in the section of the manufacturers web site and type in my make and model #. Then download the Chipset driver for my computer, because a friend of mine built my computer for me 10 years ago.
I have also followed these steps:

01. Restart your computer.
02. Press F8 to display the Startup menu.
03. Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
04. Use Start / Run / Devmgmt.msc / OK to open Device Manager.
05. On the View menu, select Show hidden devices.
06. Expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
07. Right-click the Mpegport.sys driver and press Properties.
08. Select the Driver tab.
09. Change the Startup Type to Disabled.
10. Press OK.
11. Restart your computer.
To resolve this problem, ask the driver vendor for an updated Mpegport.sys driver.

The problem is that I can't get passed number 07. because there is no Mpegport.sys section under Non-Plug and Play Drivers????
I just went into my hidden devices/Non-Plug and Play drivers a few hours ago and realized there was a yellow symbol in front of gaopdxserv.sys so I uninstalled it, I also noticed I installed microsoft silverlight the day my computer started messing up so I uninstalled that, I don't see how microsoft silverlight would have been negatively affecting the comp though. After uninstalling those two items, my computer is still crashing when I try connecting to the net and the only way I can get it going again is if I reach in the back and flip that swtich a couple times until it turns on... Can somebody please help my?? Any kind of advice is very much appreciated.

descriptionComputer crashes when I plug in the ethernet cable to the wireless router??? EmptyRe: Computer crashes when I plug in the ethernet cable to the wireless router???

more_horiz
Hi Cassie,

From what i have read it sounds like a power problem instead of a driver/device problem. Could you possibly get CPUID and post your computers specifications?As well as what windows and bit you are currently running.

descriptionComputer crashes when I plug in the ethernet cable to the wireless router??? EmptyRe: Computer crashes when I plug in the ethernet cable to the wireless router???

more_horiz
Hi Cassie,
Remove the hard drive and install it into another computer as a slave to see what will happen.
If it shows up in 'My Computer' as a drive letter(like E: drive) but you can't access it,I would first try to recover data on it with data recovery program to avoid losing them.
I have succeed with Tenorshare data recovery. It can recover data after deeply scanning your hard drive to look for lost data due to drives crash, system sabotage, corrupted partitions etc.You can get it here: http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/index.htm
After you recover your data,you can format it and restore your system.
If the hard drive can't be detected,you can try this way.Put the hdd in a zip-lock bag and put it in the freezer overnight. Then while it's still cold plug it into the computer and you may be able to view it in 'my computer'. And run the recovery program to recover your data on it.
If it fails, you will have to go to a recovery office but let's hope not because it will cost you a lot of money and whether they can recover the data or not is not guarantee.A little bit technical. Let me think
This article will help. How To Recover Lost Data From Crashed Hard Drive? http://tenorsharedatarecovery.blogspot.com/how-to-recover-lost-data-from-crashed.html

more_horiz
The key to your problem lies in one of the lines of your post:

"a friend of mine built my computer for me 10 years ago"

Time for a new computer.

The Open File

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum