WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionConnecting computer to internet via router and ethernet cable help EmptyConnecting computer to internet via router and ethernet cable help

more_horiz
Ok, so I have one computer and printer connected via ethernet cables to a wireless router which connects another computer wirelessly via usb adapter.

Now I have another computer that I want to connect to the same internet connection on another port in the router, however when I connect the cable from the third computer and the router nothing happens and I still cannot connect. The thir computer is using windows xp home and the other two are using windows xp professional.

Please help. I've tried creating a new network connection, but that did not work

descriptionConnecting computer to internet via router and ethernet cable help EmptyRe: Connecting computer to internet via router and ethernet cable help

more_horiz
Hello, Icomed. Let's see if we can't get this resolved.

On the computer u can't connect to, please click start, then run, & in the box that opens, type:
ipconfig /all > ip1.txt

Following that, please paste the contents of ip1.txt in your reply to me.

Also, please go to control panel > system, click on the hardware tab then click device manager, click the + sign by network adapters, & make certain there's no red x or yellow ! by your ethernet adapter.

Looking 4ward 2 your reply.
Jackie M
I T E 1 Cisco Networking Academy Instructor

descriptionConnecting computer to internet via router and ethernet cable help EmptyRe: Connecting computer to internet via router and ethernet cable help

more_horiz
Well i went through the controll panel and it shows that I do not have the ethernet controller driver installed. My desktop is a hp compaq d530 sff and I cannot seem to be able to find the driver anywhere. Please help.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum