WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSystem will only boot in safe mode- Compac - windows xp home addition EmptySystem will only boot in safe mode- Compac - windows xp home addition

more_horiz
Hello,
I have a windows xp home addition Compac computer that will only boot in safe mode. It hangs in regular boot- the hour glass never leaves. I can't bring up the internet-even in safe mode so I have to contact you via another computer. The system is very, very, very, slow.
Hoping it would fix the problem, I was going to upgrade to windows xp Performance Edition (older system) and when I tried to boot from disc the first time I recieved: The file isapnp.sys is corrupted. I retried again and recieved: the file intelide.sys is corrupted. I retried again and recieved: the file intelide.sys has caused an unexpected error (25227) at line 5964 in d:\xpsp\base\boot\setup\setup.c.
I do not have a automated system recovery disc - nor can I make one on the system as I cant access that utlilty- and the system had the system recovery disabled- so I have no restoration points established in the system. I can't get to any backup utilty files through system tools to try to make a recovery backup disc.
I can move files around in safe mode. I would like to do a system backup before I upgrade the OS, however, I can't access that backup utility program.
It is a Compac (junk) system.
What else do I need to consider before I upgrade to the new XP OS?
Please advise.
Thank you.
Mark

descriptionSystem will only boot in safe mode- Compac - windows xp home addition EmptyRe: System will only boot in safe mode- Compac - windows xp home addition

more_horiz
bump

descriptionSystem will only boot in safe mode- Compac - windows xp home addition EmptyRe: System will only boot in safe mode- Compac - windows xp home addition

more_horiz
Hello,
As far as backing files up is concerned, follow below link.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

............................................................................................

Previously 'Ranjan'.

System will only boot in safe mode- Compac - windows xp home addition Gpa-st13

Safety and Peace upon you.

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted!

more_horiz
Thank you for your help. I will be backing up the files later today. How do I repair the OS or upgrade to the new OS.
Thanks

more_horiz
Hi,

Repair is different from format. What do you want to do? Format the current OS and install a new one or repair your current OS?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Thank you for your help- all is much appreciated. As noted in the first post, I would like to upgrade to XP Performance addition. I am currently using Home addition. When I put in the Performance addition disc (assuming I can boot from disc to install), I get the errors listed in my first post. Please advise.
Thank you.

more_horiz
Hi,

Try another cd and reply back with the outcome.

more_horiz
Can you try re-downloading and burning the XP SP3 iso?

http://www.GeekPolice.net/operating-systems-f20/windows-xp-service-pack-3-information-t16956.htm

Previously 'Ranjan'.

more_horiz
Thanks guys for your help- I have noticed that my last two replies have not made the thread. I replied twice since my last post.

I have backed up all of the files now I need to get the OS back. I had to do a copy- select all and paste to backup so I am sure I have missed many hidden files. I can get limited use out of the OS - very very very slow. Please advise.

Vladimir, Thanks- not sure what you mean by try another CD.

EzioAuditore, Thanks- I have tried all with the XP sp3 to no avail. Could there be a system problem? OS wont work without safe mode.

Please advise.

Thanks
Mark

more_horiz
Just to be sure, start in safe mode, hit Windows key+R and type msconfig, navigate to Boot tab and make sure the option 'safe boot' or something similar isn't checked.

Previously 'Ranjan'.

more_horiz
In safe mode I went into the configuration utlity, - all is good in the boot sequence. At normal boot I do get an option to choose Windows Recovery Console or Windows xp home addition. System is very slow.
Please advise
Thank you.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum