WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCannot boot in normal or safe mode. Help???? EmptyCannot boot in normal or safe mode. Help????

more_horiz
Okay I am using my mom's computer because I cannot boot mine.. The other night Avira alerted me to a virus, I ran a scan, deleted the virus and restarted the computer. Upon restart I received the BSOD. I tried safe mode and it runs a bunch of commands and then stops. Nothing more. I tried going into recovery console but don't know what command to type in. It says drive C and press enter to exit recovery console. Can this machine be saved???? Please help?

Mike

descriptionCannot boot in normal or safe mode. Help???? EmptyRe: Cannot boot in normal or safe mode. Help????

more_horiz
Do you have an XP disc?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Cannot boot in normal or safe mode. Help???? DXwU4
Cannot boot in normal or safe mode. Help???? VvYDg

descriptionCannot boot in normal or safe mode. Help???? EmptyRe: Cannot boot in normal or safe mode. Help????

more_horiz
Yes I do and I tried to do a repair install until I came to something asking which partition to use and I don't know what that means so I quit.

Mike

more_horiz
Use the first partition which should be the C drive, which is where Windows is,

............................................................................................

more_horiz
It gives a warning that only 1 OS can be installed but asks if I want to continue anyway. Should I????

more_horiz
Don't want to bump but is there a way to use a virus removal rescue disk?

Mike

more_horiz
Hello.
Select the 1 OS and let it do the repair install.

more_horiz
Hey...Well theres no option for a repair install. Instead it asked me if I want to install a new os on top of the one that i currently have which will in effect Overwrite it deleting all my files and programs. Not once does it mention a repair option. Don't know what to do or what I'm dealing with here.

more_horiz
I think you hit the format option, not the repair option.
See here for a general guide:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

more_horiz
Hi, the repair option is not available. It does not detect my copy of windows xp. Bummer.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum