WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNeed XP help, won't reboot in normal or safe mode. EmptyNeed XP help, won't reboot in normal or safe mode.

more_horiz
Okay I am using my mom's computer because I cannot boot mine.. The other night Avira alerted me to a virus, I ran a scan, deleted the virus and restarted the computer. Upon restart I received the BSOD. I tried safe mode and it runs a bunch of commands and then stops. Nothing more. I tried going into recovery console but don't know what command to type in. It says drive C and press enter to exit recovery console. Can this machine be saved???? Please help?

Mike

descriptionNeed XP help, won't reboot in normal or safe mode. EmptyRe: Need XP help, won't reboot in normal or safe mode.

more_horiz
One other thing to ad. Ive been on the phone with microsoft pretty much all day and boy do they suck. From what little service I did recieve from them I mentioned to the rep that in the bsod I get a stop error message. I wrote it down and read it to him and he said it has to do with damaged ram. Could it be that this virus corrupted my memory?

descriptionNeed XP help, won't reboot in normal or safe mode. EmptyRe: Need XP help, won't reboot in normal or safe mode.

more_horiz
well do you have your own xp install cd AND your pruduct key? a cd burner on your moms pc and a 700 mb cd?

Last edited by xald on 30th October 2009, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing info)

more_horiz
also i thnk i know why it wont boot i had the same problem the anti virus may have detected a trojan in shell32.dll or msgina.dll and then deleted the file not the virus i had no clue what the heck had happened so i should prabably be able to help

Seth

more_horiz
Please read this over and click here to open a new topic.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum