WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionXP Pro keeps rebooting EmptyXP Pro keeps rebooting

more_horiz
My Windows XP Pro machine keeps rebooting. I have gone into Windows Advanced options and disabled the reboot after a system failure option. The Blue message that came up was:
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000018. The System has been shut down.
I also have tried to enter by safe mode and safe with command prompt but after the system shows that it has located XP automatically shuts down and begins a reboot.
Please any help to get this computer back up and running would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

descriptionXP Pro keeps rebooting EmptyRe: XP Pro keeps rebooting

more_horiz
Hello,

First follow these directions

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k).

Then after the Blue screen go to C:\Windows\Minidump and copy all the files to Desktop then Zip it and upload it there. Then we can find out what is causing the Machine to crash.

more_horiz
HI there;
I can't get to the desktop main screen. The computer is trying to load Win XP at the start up with the bar moving across the screen. (Never actually getting to the full desktop or even the logon page for that matter.)
It then shuts down and reboots again.
Any clue as to what might be causing it to recycle in reboot mode?

more_horiz
Hello,

Check this article http://www.techforlunch.com/bsod-session-manager-initialization-fails-with-status-0xc000026c/

more_horiz
Thank you for the link. One thing I don't understand is in the article it says Run this command in the folder: batch spuninst.txt. I don't understand how to do this. Can you please explain?
Thanks again

more_horiz
Yes, In command line once it shows
c:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB925902$\spuninst>
Then type in batch spuninst.txt
The press Enter.
After that type in dir it will give a long list of files. Look for spuninst.tag if you find that file that means you're good. Reboot the System. It should boot fine. Then follow the rest from the article.

more_horiz
Thanks, I'll let you know in a couple of days if it worked. I am away from this computer, obviously and need to get to the other one.
I appreciated your help in this manner.

more_horiz
vucomp wrote:
Thanks, I'll let you know in a couple of days if it worked. I am away from this computer, obviously and need to get to the other one.
I appreciated your help in this manner.

Your most welcome ! Report us back the results.

more_horiz
I have resolved to reboot windows xp because the above advice did not work. I do not have a working cdrom and I'm forced to use the boot disks. The (6) that microsoft recommends. I have downloaded those and started the installation process. When I get to the last disk a blue screen pops up and tells me that the image is bad for KBDUS.DLL. How can I correct this dll file?

more_horiz
Run a Hardware Diagnostic (Memory and Hard Drive) follow this link for instructions http://captaindebugger.wordpress.com/hardware-diagnostic/

more_horiz
Thanks for replying. It turned out to be a faulty floppy disk. But thanks for trying.
Vucomp

more_horiz
vucomp wrote:
Thanks for replying. It turned out to be a faulty floppy disk. But thanks for trying.
Vucomp

I guess the BSOD must have referring to bugcheck 0x124. Glad you got it fix. Thanks for reporting back.

- Captain

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum