WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionConnected / internet works but browsers don't EmptyConnected / internet works but browsers don't

more_horiz
Hi All,

I'm connected, msn, skype, etc. work (widows updates as well), but browsers don't - ie, firefox, netscape, tried all of them and nȯne do...ie just starts loading the page but never does, others don't even open....I did reset the winsock and the ip stack but didn't help...tried reinstalling the browsers but did not help....

I've got XP and wireless - my roommate uses the same connection as me and his laptop works all right (im using his laptop right now)

Would be great if anyone could help....

Thanks,

descriptionConnected / internet works but browsers don't EmptyRe: Connected / internet works but browsers don't

more_horiz
Hello,

Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC.

If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Connected / internet works but browsers don't Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum