WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet Is on, but browsers dont work. EmptyInternet Is on, but browsers dont work.

more_horiz
Hello.

My internet is on, and connected because I can connect to steam (online community thing) and it's games fine, but Internet Explorer and Firefox both don't work. Internet explorer wont load anything, it justs keeps saying "looking for google.com" and stuff like that, no error messages though. Firefox won't even start up.

I think it is a virus, but I'm not sure. I got the blue screen of death, and I started it in safe mode, and internet explorer opened fine, but I didnt choose safe mode with networking so I couldnt see if the internet worked.

I tried to system restore to 2 differerent points, both came back as "System Restore failed. Details: An unsepcified error occured".

Thanks for the help.

descriptionInternet Is on, but browsers dont work. EmptyLive CD

more_horiz
Boot to a Live CD of choice to start your file cleaning/system recovery. I am particularly a fan of Knoppix, a Linux distro. If you're not familiar with Linux, check out Chapter 7 (Rescue Windows) in Knoppix Hacks by O'Reilly Media. They even have a section on virus scans.

You can find other options for bootable CD's at http://www.williamaford.com/DiagnosticTools.php.

Good luck!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum