WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHELP! Windows error! Won't stop restarting! EmptyHELP! Windows error! Won't stop restarting!

more_horiz
Hey,

Can someone help? While using my computer the other day to check my emails the computer all of a sudden went to a blue screen and restarted. Now all it does when I turn it on is flash the blue screen and restart again. Ive tried running in safe mode and running last working config, neither of these work! I managed to write down the error code before it restarted which was as follows:

0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001c, 0x00000001, 0x804FAF04)

If anyone can help me fix this without me having loose everything that would be amazing! I do back my files up but I would still lose alot of valuable data if I had to start over.

Thanks,

Tom

descriptionHELP! Windows error! Won't stop restarting! EmptyRe: HELP! Windows error! Won't stop restarting!

more_horiz
I've also noted that when trying to start in safe mode, right at the end of the process it says:

Press ESC to cancel loading SPTD.sys

It doesn't matter if I press ESC or not, it still restarts the system.

I've had a look on google and it mentions it's something to do with daemon tools which I do have installed on my computer. Dunno if that helps.

Tom

descriptionHELP! Windows error! Won't stop restarting! EmptyRe: HELP! Windows error! Won't stop restarting!

more_horiz
BUMP

i have also tried booting the computer with the windows disk but when doing so it comes up with a different error message if needed i can get the code.

if someone could help me out ASAP it would be greatly appreciated as it is also my work computer and not having it is really making my life difficult at the moment!

Thanks again

Tom

more_horiz
Sounds like a hardware problem from the little information given on support.microsoft.com

more_horiz
*UPDATE*

After much google searching I had found that I have 2 issues.

1. The daemon tools issue with the SPTD.sys error
2. A hardware problem

To fix the first problem I need to use Windows Restore to replace the file, but to do that I need to boot my computer using the XP disc. Only problem is, the hardware problem is stopping me from doing this. After more google searching I found that a few things can cause this: Dead RAM, Over-clocking & Hard drive failure.

I have removed all the ram and tested each stick by placing them in the computer one at a time to see if any of them are causing the failure... not luck, it fails with each try. My next thought is that my graphics card is causing the problem as this is the only thing I have upgraded on the machine since I bought the damn thing in late 2006! (probably time for anew PC really eh? haha) I don't know the specs of the card off by heart but I know is is a moded nvidia card that has been over-clocked and fitted with a huge onboard fan cooling system. (seriously, the things HUGE! Takes up most of the inside of the tower unit!). Does anyone know if an over-clocked graphics card actually has the potential to cause this type of error? If so, im going to try and find my old card and replace the new card with the old to see if that works.

If that doesnt work, it may mean a HD failure Sad tearing ... bad times...

Tom

more_horiz
Hard drive failure is more likely the cause, but it is difficult for anyone to tell without further testing to eliminate the rest of the possible issues. It seems that you have done many of the steps anyone of us with minimum to moderate knowledge would have tried. Grats, don't give up and keep up the good work.

more_horiz
My friend probably your harddisk is off...
Big posibilities for Memory..But most the hard disk

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum