WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows won't boot, keeps restarting EmptyWindows won't boot, keeps restarting

more_horiz
My computer has been acting up a lot. Yesterday I had to restore back to a checkpoint (12/16). Seemed to be okay. This morning would not boot and keeps restarting. Can't go to safe mode, or anything. I am having to post this from my other computer. I believe when we purchased this computer (Compaq) 4 years ago it had the programs already installed. I think it is a virus or malware. I was using avast and the program gave me an error about a virus/worm being detected, so I deleted it, maybe that was a bad idea? I don't know what to do. I have been wanting to wipe this computer, but my daughters have tons of pictures and didn't know the best way to save them... Your advice has always been helpful, please help(:

descriptionWindows won't boot, keeps restarting EmptyRe: Windows won't boot, keeps restarting

more_horiz
Hello,

If you have your Windows disc, we might be able to perform a repair of the OS.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Windows won't boot, keeps restarting Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionWindows won't boot, keeps restarting EmptyRe: Windows won't boot, keeps restarting

more_horiz
No discs. I was hoping I had a recovery disc, but only had one for an old laptop which was Windows 98. There is an option for me to order a recovery disc, since I cannot create one. Takes about a week to get it. Please advise. Thanks.

more_horiz
Hello,

Let's try using your recovery partition. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.geekpolice.net/tutorials-guides-f13/hp-compaq-system-recovery-hotkey-instructions-hp-pc-system-recovery-t7662.htm

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Hi,

Was able to restart it. Is this a different partition or the same one? Is there a way to recover the pictures that were saved? Thanks.

more_horiz
Hello,

The recovery partition contains the Windows image to perform a repair. Did you perform a destructive or non-destructive recovery?

more_horiz
I believe I did a non-destructive recovery. I still have some programs on there, i.e., Malware, Skype, etc. There were no documents, no music, no pictures.

more_horiz
Hello,

Download this file recovery software from here. Run it to see if you can recovery the files.

more_horiz
Hi,

I ran the recovery program, it did not find any jpg files. Anything else I can do?
Thank you.

more_horiz
Hello,

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do here.

more_horiz
Thank you for your help. Smile...

more_horiz
Hi! I founf the pictures during a search, now I just need to figure out where they are and how to get them(:

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum