WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionStop: Fatal System Error EmptyStop: Fatal System Error

more_horiz
Hello,

My computer, a Compaq Windows Vista, will not boot up anymore It crashed suddenly while I was using it, and when I try to boot it up it says Fatal System Error. I tried system restore and it did work for a bit, but once I inputted my password it remained at a black screen and would not do anything else. I am using an xp to post this thread since I cannot access my Vista right now.

descriptionStop: Fatal System Error EmptyRe: Stop: Fatal System Error

more_horiz
Hi Brick,

Do you have your Vista CD, an external hard drive, and a machine that can burn CD's as well? We can salvage your data and reformat your Operating System if this is the case.

more_horiz
I do not have a Vista back up, my computer was refurbished and did not come with one. I do have a CD burner though.

I should also mention that I attempted again to start my computer up and the attempt was successful. I managed to start it up without encountering a "Fatal System Error" warning.

more_horiz
Ok. If you manage to get into a bootable state again I would back up all the data you have just in case. As far as other issues go, are you currently having any besides the error?

more_horiz
I will get right to making a backup data disc, and there are no other issues I can think of.

more_horiz
Ok. Can mark this as Solved?

more_horiz
It would seem as if it is solved...so please do so.
Thanks for your help

more_horiz
No problem Smile.... Glad to help

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum