WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBLUE SCREEN: Hardware failure EmptyBLUE SCREEN: Hardware failure

more_horiz
Hello, so this has been occurring for some time now, once every 2 months or so. It usually occurs when I am in the middle of a task and suddenly, blue screen would appear with error msg: Hardware failure. Then I would have to manually restart computer. After restart, everything seems okay. But, I do keep getting these errors sporadically. Please advise.

Many thanks!!

descriptionBLUE SCREEN: Hardware failure EmptyRe: BLUE SCREEN: Hardware failure

more_horiz
Hi

Please download the latest version of Kaspersky GetSystemInfo (GSI) from Kaspersky.fr and save it to your Desktop.
  • Please close all other applications running on your system.
  • Please double click GetSystemInfo.exe to open it.
  • Click the Settings button.
  • Set it to Maximum
  • IMPORTANT! Then please click Customize - choose Driver / Ports tab and
  • Uncheck Scan Ports.
  • Click Create Report to run it.
  • It will create a zip folder called GetSystemInfo_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip on your Desktop. Please upload the folder to Kaspersky GSI Parser and click the Submit button.

Please copy and paste the url of the GSI Parser report (not the log) in your next reply.

more_horiz
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file=8e4c566b6d1774cbe2324c3e506d1d5e

Hi, here is the exact blue screen error message: HARDWARE MALFUNCTION. NMI:Parity Check/Memory Parity

In addition, I sometimes get another error message for the blue screen "PHYSICAL DUMPING...(of memory?)"

I wanted to say thank you once more for helping me get rid of the viruses/malware/junk. Saved me a lot of trouble!!

Since I'm bothering you again Smile..., my CD/DVD ROM drive no longer works; it does not play my dvds or cds anymore. I hear the disc spinning inside but nothing happens. I look in MY COMPUTER and does not seem to recognize that a disc is in the CD/DVD drive. Any indications as to what's going on?

DragonMaster Jay wrote:
Hi

Please download the latest version of Kaspersky GetSystemInfo (GSI) from Kaspersky.fr and save it to your Desktop.
  • Please close all other applications running on your system.
  • Please double click GetSystemInfo.exe to open it.
  • Click the Settings button.
  • Set it to Maximum
  • IMPORTANT! Then please click Customize - choose Driver / Ports tab and
  • Uncheck Scan Ports.
  • Click Create Report to run it.
  • It will create a zip folder called GetSystemInfo_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip on your Desktop. Please upload the folder to Kaspersky GSI Parser and click the Submit button.

Please copy and paste the url of the GSI Parser report (not the log) in your next reply.

more_horiz
Hi

This seems like a RAM issue. A good cleaning of the modules the RAM are installed in to, might help.

A couple of questions are necessary before you should do that...

You have a laptop, correct?

If so, look on the bottom of your laptop, and tell me if you see a 7x5 inch rectangle cover (with a bunch of screws), that is labeled C/M

==

Please download the following fix and save it to your Desktop:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_cd_dvd_fix.vbs

Double-click on it to run. When done, please restart your computer, and test the CD drive out. Please tell me if that worked.

more_horiz
Yup, have a Dell Inspiron. Bottom of laptop does have the label C/M

I dl the CD ROM fix and restarted the computer but CD/DVD ROM cannot read the dvd.

DragonMaster Jay wrote:
Hi

This seems like a RAM issue. A good cleaning of the modules the RAM are installed in to, might help.

A couple of questions are necessary before you should do that...

You have a laptop, correct?

If so, look on the bottom of your laptop, and tell me if you see a 7x5 inch rectangle cover (with a bunch of screws), that is labeled C/M

==

Please download the following fix and save it to your Desktop:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_cd_dvd_fix.vbs

Double-click on it to run. When done, please restart your computer, and test the CD drive out. Please tell me if that worked.

more_horiz
I recommend to have the RAM tested at a local computer repair shop.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum