WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionProblem at startup EmptyProblem at startup

more_horiz
Hi all,

I am having dramas starting my pc laptop at the moment. I was getting the blue screen of death every now and then but I was just putting up with it. But now when I start the computer I get the Windows XP splash screen and then it restarts itself. This loop continues indefinately. I can however start in Safe Mode, and I have tried running VirusScan and CCleaner to fix the problem, but no joy. I am not sure what else to try...

Hope you guys might have some idea of what's going on? Thanks in advance,
darkagn

............................................................................................

There are no stupid questions, only those too stupid to ask for help.

descriptionProblem at startup EmptyRe: Problem at startup

more_horiz
have you tried a "system restore", whilst in safe mode :?:

cheers

more_horiz
By any chance, do you know the error code that appears on the Blue Screen Of Death?

It usually appears at the bottom of the BSOD screen for example: 0x00000050

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Problem at startup Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Hi guys and thanks for the replies,

I haven't yet tried a system restore in safe mode because I was thinking that would remove the data from my hdd which I was hoping to avoid.

The exact error code is:
STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00000011, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

From what I have read, this error code has to do with my BIOS not being ACPI compliant. I have tried downloading the BIOS and Drivers from the Toshiba website, but when I try to install them in safe mode I am told that I can't run the install script. Sad tearing I also get a "Failed to load Driver" message sometimes when trying to install one of the downloaded drivers.

Thanks again for the input guys, it is muchly appreciated. Smile...

more_horiz
This problem may occur if you add random access memory (RAM) to the computer while it is in hibernation. When the computer resumes from hibernation and loads the Hiberfil.sys file, Microsoft Windows detects the change in memory state, and then you receive the error message. Am I right?

Start the computer by using the Windows CD or by using an emergency startup disk, and then delete the Hiberfil.sys file. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Insert your Windows XP CD-ROM into the computer's CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer from the CD-ROM. (Note Some computers may require that you modify the basic input/output system (BIOS) settings before you can start the computer from a CD-ROM. For information about how to modify BIOS, see your computer documentation.)

2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start Recovery Console.

3. If your computer is configured for dual booting or multiple booting, select the relevant Windows XP installation.

4. When you are prompted to do so, type the administrator password, and then press ENTER. (Note By default, the administrator password is blank in Windows XP Home Edition.)

5. By default, Hiberfil.sys is typically located in the root directory (C:\). At the command prompt, type del hiberfil.sys, and then press ENTER.

6. Restart the computer.

8)

more_horiz
Hi and thanks again Doc.

I haven't added any RAM to the computer. Is it still ok to follow what you've written above?

I managed to (accidentally) start the PC in non-safe / normal mode yesterday and was able to update the BIOS. However, I then got a different blue screen of death error message:
STOP: 0x00000051 (0x00000004, 0x00000001, 0xE2513DD0, 0x01C4F7F4)

This message apparently has to do with a Registry fault. But ever since I get the previous blue screen error message when I try to start up, sometimes even in Safe mode.

I'm thinking that it might just be a whole lot easier to back up my data in Safe mode and format the hdd and start again...

more_horiz
If you continue to recieve the error after attempting a repair install (keeping your data intact) or utilizing the 'Recovery Console', then i recommend backing up your data and perform a format n clean install!

If you have correctly managed hdd's, this shouldn't be a problem!

Regards :-B:

more_horiz
Hi and thanks again for all the help with my probs,

I am now back up and running and should be seen around here a bit more than I have been in the last month or so.

Thanks again guys,
darkagn

more_horiz

This subject has been addressed or corrected. The subject is closed.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum