WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSame 6 "bugs" on antispyware, slow computer, compu - Page 1 EmptyRe: Same 6 "bugs" on antispyware, slow computer, compu

more_horiz
Hello.
The runtime error is sometimes caused by the machine not having the VB6 runetime package installed.
More likely the problem is that you only have SP1 installed, not the latest which is SP3.
http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5b33b5a8-5e76-401f-be08-1e1555d4f3d4&displaylang=en

After downloading and installing SP3 (should take about 30-40mins by my experience), if you still get errors, download the VB6 installer.
You can download that here:
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bf9a24f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&displaylang=en

Download and run it, it shouldn't take more than 1 minute.

Let me know if you still get errors after installing it.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Same 6 "bugs" on antispyware, slow computer, compu - Page 1 DXwU4
Same 6 "bugs" on antispyware, slow computer, compu - Page 1 VvYDg

descriptionSame 6 "bugs" on antispyware, slow computer, compu - Page 1 EmptyRe: Same 6 "bugs" on antispyware, slow computer, compu

more_horiz
Would this still be the case if I just started getting these messages? I remember one of Runtime error messages said something at the top about C++++.

And if I have SP1, I'm wondering why the messages didn't pop up earlier, why now? just curious. (the messages havent popped up for a few days, seemed to happen a few times and stop)

also I'm wondering about the spyware not picking up anything after extensive surfing on the net... 99.9% of the time it will at least find adware, etc... is there anyway to check if this is working correctly?

things just seem different and I'm hoping its all ok... thank you again for all of your help!!!

more_horiz
Hello.
There's no real explanation why the error comes and goes, when it comes to technology, anything can happen.

You seem to have this backwards, finding nothing is good, means there's no malware on your machine. That's why I want you to update to SP3, SP1 has many holes the malware can (ab)use.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Same 6 "bugs" on antispyware, slow computer, compu - Page 1 DXwU4
Same 6 "bugs" on antispyware, slow computer, compu - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum