WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

description"Advanced Virus Remover" and "windows police pro" Empty"Advanced Virus Remover" and "windows police pro"

more_horiz
I'm completely f'd here, I'm sorry for not reading any of the rules or guidelines, if I'm breaking the rules I apologize. But I have the worst virus I HAVE EVER SEEN.

It is Advanced Virus Remover... it has a blue shield as a symbol. My sister saw stuff pop up last night and shut down the computer...

I started it up less then an hour and and the desktop background said my system was infected, I agree. I got mcaffe opened up, and I ran a scan, but it wouldn't work. I managed to put a firewall up, but the virus probably shut it off. I can't do system restore, my computer, or anything, so I just shut down. I'm gonna start it up and see if I can somehow manage to sign in as a guest profile even though we don't have one.

This is my brand new desktop, I'm on my dad's lap top, fortunately he's not coming home till late tonight, so I have time.

I am completely stumped on how to fix this and don't want to pay mcaffe 90 bucks to fix this issue... I am desperate, please help... my computer is useless unless it gets fixed

description"Advanced Virus Remover" and "windows police pro" EmptyRe: "Advanced Virus Remover" and "windows police pro"

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

description"Advanced Virus Remover" and "windows police pro" EmptyRe: "Advanced Virus Remover" and "windows police pro"

more_horiz
okay, I can get task manager running, finally, I'm getting on top of this sh**, but I need to know how to disable my firewall so I can access internet, I turned it on before mcaffe was killed, and now I can't find out how to get it off, if I can get firewall off then I'm on top of my computer again

EDIT: this is the WORST LUCK EVER

I was messing around with network connections and I accidentally disabled internet through the pc.... and then Mcaffe starts up and I disabled the firewall.... da** this sucks

Last edited by daugystik on 2nd September 2009, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Firewall can be turned off in the Control Panel, are you able to get into the Control Panel?

more_horiz
read my edit please, and also what is the network connection folder to run via task manager? do you know? god, if I didn't mess that up I could have been fixed up

EDIT::::: FJFSDOGJAOGJAOG!!!OJ~!RJ

^^^^^excitement^^^^^^

I used the run program and then used browse to go to program files and i just got rid of police pro Smile... my system is still f*** up, but I'm winning the battle finally! I need to enable internet still and my computer wont work...

more_horiz
Hello.

If you run this via Task Manager: Ncpa.cpl, it opens network connections options.
See if you can configure it back. Smile...

more_horiz
i tried that, that's just what i needed, but internet options just doesn't open up... anything that is my computer, my documents, etc. or control panel doesn't open, although i managed to purge my system of the virus by deleting it through the run menu

EDIT: isn't there a hotkey for it? I'm looking online right now, it's fn + something

more_horiz
Are you able to use the internet at all? If not your going to have to use another computer to transfer files to the infected one.

more_horiz
OH NO! I downloaded malware bytes and put it on a flash drive, I installed it, and when I start a scan it stops at 8 seconds, still can't open up my computer, or control panel, or anything.... advice? how to get over this? I also tried another program recommended by multiple people and that just didn't even start, when I try to open malware bytes it gives me three error messages, but I can reinstall it and use it all day long... HELP?!?!

EDIT: I found a way to glitch it, by holding down the mouse button to drag it around, I propped up my keyboard so I can do it all day long and the "virus" wont shut it down. I believe I still have some sort of infection on my system and it's not all bugs... it's been preparing for the scan for about 5 minutes now... is that good or bad? does it usually take longer or shorter? my computer is new and fast also... lots of memory left also

more_horiz
Removed your latest post, please don't swear/use caps.

How did the MBAM scan go?

more_horiz
Yeah... I was just freaking out... This is where i'm at right now... My dad's laptop is infected because the flash drive got infected... Good thing it's only a half gig flash drive... My desktop is destroyed so I'm just gonna wipe the disk clean and try and find windows to run on it. The virus on my dad's laptop is advanced virus remover. But he dropped computer off at some place and they are going to run mcaffe, hopefully he only pays them if the virus isgone because that won't work. I wish I could tell you what I had because the virus was just terrible, it was self aware it seemed. It made me think it was gone, but it managed to spread. Mbam didn't work, spyware doctor, avg, and a few others.. One program needed internet for it to work so I extracted the files on my dad's laptop and plugged in the flash drive to copy them. I noticed something new in the flash drive and I was just like "oh fbomb" and unplugged it... It spread within 5 seconds. Geekaquad gaurantees their services, but it will cost me a couple hundos. So I could still try and fix my desktop, but imdone stressing about it and again, I'm gonna just wipe it. The one amazinglygood thing! I now have a flash drive that can essentially kill anyone's computer... Don't pi** me off teachers Big Grin. Anyways thanks for the help, I did everything to remove police pro and avr properly, but it didn't work, so i believe I had something worse... If you want to find out my program files/processes I can take a picture with my digital camera, no screenshot lol... Although I don't have a computer to upload the pic online.... Whatever

more_horiz
Is the issue fixed?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum